Tuesday, August 19, 2008

The pierced ears dilemma.


Ok. Now. I know the photo is blurry - getting this child to hold still is impossible. :) If you draw an imaginary line from ear to ear (or even use your cursor) - it's quite noticable the earrings are crooked. Boo. I'm just not sure at this point which one is off. Looking at photo, is the left too low or is the right too high? Check out the curled tongue. This girl can almost completely 'roll' her tongue (curl both sides up to almost make an 'o'). Not sure of the correct term to use. I can't do it, so I don't know. :o)

I phoned our pediatrician today. The dr. said to wait 6 weeks before repiercing. I asked them about the little knotted scar tissue that results from piercing, because that's what I'm most concerned about. They said you can pierce thru it, it's not a big deal.

So, we wait. I'll probably give it a little longer than 6 weeks just to be on the safe side. It's a shame she'll have to hurt again when we redo. :( I should have been smarter & not done this important procedure on Tax-Free weekend. Everyone was distracted & people were everywhere! That made focusing difficult.

Katie, Jaguar never really messed w/ her earrings. Hers were pierced @ 4 months. However, as she grew (like about 1 - 1/2 years old), she did pull them out every now & then. Very seldom. I did take her to the dr. a few times because I wasn't sure if she may have swallowed one. All they did was listen for wheezing & we were good to go. I do recall them telling me she could be x-rayed if it would make us more comfortable, but we never did. I guess if we go to the airport someday & she beeps, we'll know there's an earring in there. ;o) Seriously, I don't think she ever swallowed one. And never have we had any issues since. That said though, I think it is the parent's responsibility to check the earrings & make sure they are good & secure. Constantly. And of course you know I do that. Hubby is even trained to do it. Ü

**Rebecca - I agree with you. I believe her left is too high. That is the one I raised. If you could see her entire ear lobe, it actually is perfectly centered. But it still looks too high. I wish I could get her right ear earring back in, & then we could just repierce her left ear, lowering the piercing. Thanks for your IMHO! LOL

**Yay! I got the right earring (her right ear - lower piercing) back in! Wahoo! Now I have to dr. that thing like crazy to keep it sanitized & I don't even want to chance that sucker getting infected, & then all we have to do is lower the left ear's piercing & repierce. Won't do that for quite some time though. She'll just look a little 'off' with one earring. ;) Sheesh! I'm tired of all this earring drama! Ü

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

IMHO, the left earring is too high. The right one looks fine.

Let us know what you decide...

Rebecca

Anonymous said...

Oh the things we do as girls! :)
She is beautiful.....one earring and all!

Katie

Mama Lioness said...

I agree that the left is too high. Her right one looks perfect. Hope it all works out in the end :D