Sunday, July 19, 2009

Vacation!

I disappeared! We just returned late last night from our Branson vacation. We had a fantastic time! A little eventful, but fantastic! :)

A few little issues that transpired -

1.) 1/2 our room was flooded when we arrived, so we had to switch rooms after we had already unpacked! Not fun @ 9:00 p.m. after an 8 hour drive. With 4 little people in tow. Switching rooms actually worked out better in the long run! :)

2.) Jaguar had a little accident & sliced the skin up & back (& off) above the toenail on her big toe. We doctored it well & thankfully she didn't need to be seen by a dr. It was horrible! She's a trooper. :)

3.) Mercedes had a little fit one night & while I was trying to console her - she head butted me right in the mouth, splitting my lip open & giving me a nice, fat lip just in time for dinner. :)

4.) Yesterday as were to leave - Jaguar woke up with a horrible, horrible cold - but we had to get on the road. She is still sick today & has been in bed all day.

5.) On our trip home we stopped for gas - Jaguar walked under the gas hose while hubby was pumping gas - she knocked the nozzle out & her & hubby got SOAKED with spraying gasoline. Fortunately the Shell station had a shower & they took a shower & changed clothes. Thankfully nothing sparked; my entire family could have perished had anything gone wrong. Gasoline was everywhere!! In the car the gas smell was so strong, we had to stop again & throw away all clothes & shoes, even though we had bagged them numerous times. There is no way we could have traveled the 3 remaining hours smelling those fumes. Hubby didn't like throwing away his tennies. :)

6.) And lastly, Miss Melissa here decided fear was not going to get the best of her regarding her fear of waterslides (bad experience years ago - I thought I was going to drown) - so I sucked it up, prayed a lot & went down an enclosed, twisty, waterslide three times! Woot! The bad news is I must had pulled something during my 'inappropriate' thrushes from the water tubes - as today I am in the worst pain I have ever experienced. We believe I pulled a muscle (severely) or a nerve/something. I thought I was headed to the ER, but as of tonight, I am doing much better! Yippee! And yippee again for conquering my fear of waterslides! Although I wouldn't exactly say I'm ready to ride those suckers again. ;o)

I don't have many photos because my lens would fog over at the indoor waterpark, but I do have a few & I have a few of the little people riding gokarts. I'll try to post them in the next couple of days. Still trying to unwind from our week & I have been slowed down considerably considering (heehee, double whammy) I can barely walk.

But really, does anyone read my blog anymore anyway? I don't think so. If you do, please let me know.

Have a wonderful week! ☺

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Melissa I still read your blog....so keep posting!!
I still like FB too but blogs have more details. Hope you feel better soon & I am glad yall had a good vacation.
Blessings,
Sonya

Bridget said...

I read it and catch up with you on Facebook. Glad you are home and hope your back is good as new in no time! Congratuolations on conquering your fear, too!

Michelle said...

Yup, still reading. Hope you & the munchkin continue to heal.

Amanda said...

i still read it! just lost it for a few weeks while our computer was dead!

Melissa said...

I'm still here :) I am lovin' your coupon tips here lately.