Friday, October 23, 2009

Dr. or no Dr.?

Thursday evening after she fell: (That is not blood under her lip, that is actually immediate bruising from smacking her mouth on the marble. She also has bruising under her chin.)





This morning (Friday):





I am not at all happy with the way her mouth looks this a.m. My main concern right now is infection.

**Two days later, I finally got to the bottom of Jags' injury. Evidently, she fell on the carpet, not the marble. I wasn't understanding that because this is such a nasty injury. She was running, tripped on a toy, & busted her mouth on the tv table on the way down. Even though I can't stand looking at it, her mouth is in really good condition today. Still gross, but even the swelling is dissipating. I've laid off the Motrin. My girl is such a trooper. ☺

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Having been through this many times with my kids, here is my non-doctor professional mother's opinion.

I don't think the doctor will be able to do anything. You can't really stitch a cut such as that. The white areas that are inside her mouth where she cut it are actually part of the healing process. To keep any possible infection at bay, have her rinse her mouth out with salt water two to three times a day. You can't really put any anti-bacterial ointment on the inside of her lips like that. Believe it or not, even with saliva and food particals, the mouth has a wonderous way of not getting infected, and it's one of the fastest healing spots on the body.

As I stated, I am not a doctor, and your milage may vary, but if that were my precious daughter, I would not take her in.

Rebecca