Friday, January 10, 2014

My laundry products. Every load, every day.



What so many detest, I love. I'm a laundry fanatic. I love doing laundry. Grocery shopping? Not so much.

I am the only person in my family permitted to do laundry. For 6 people, 5 beds, 2 dogs & all the extras. Just me. I am so particular about our clothing & cleanliness, that I just don't allow anyone to help wash. And I like it that way. And I'm pretty confident my family likes it that way. Ha!

I own about 10 laundry baskets. Each evening, when putting on jammies, everyone brings their dirty clothes down for the day. They place them on my washing machine & I then distribute them into the appropriate basket. I wash every color separately (dark blues/blacks, light colored towels/underwear/socks, white t-shirts, dark underwear/towels/socks, pinks, purples, greens, medium blues, reds, grays, browns, etc. Yes, I am that anal!) Clothes are expensive, so I take care of them. And I like for my family to look nice. I take pride in my family dressing nice. It doesn't have to be fancy-smancy, but it does have to be clean & wrinkle-free. That's I why I do all the laundry myself. So, to say I'm just a tad picky with my laundry products would be an understatement.

The photo you see above are the laundry products I use every day. Nothing more, nothing less. Every load, every day. I used to use Borax in every load of laundry, but I stopped purchasing & using that a few months ago. I've never looked back & I miss it none (saving that money is nice, too!). What you see in the photo above are the best laundry products on the market. They are healthy - they are natural, safe & non-toxic. And they are very effective & work exceptionally well. If they didn't work, healthy or not, I wouldn't use them, because they wouldn't meet my personal standards. But they do. I love them & will never, ever go back to store bought, chemical filled laundry products. Who wants all those toxins on & in your skin? Not me & not us. Our allergies have improved tremendously just by switching cleaning products & laundry products. I've used these products now for almost 2 years & I just can't say enough good things about them. Added bonuses? 1.) I order them online & they get delivered to my door. Three less products I have to shop for. 2.) They literally last for months (the big box of detergent lasts us a minimum of 4 months) & I don't have to reorder often. Yip!

Ok. So this is what I use:

Get Clean Fresh Laundry Concentrate (detergent). For a full load of clothes, I only use 1/4 cup. That's it! That's all it takes. Our clothes are (very) clean & have an extremely mild, soft scent. Nothing overbearing, hardly noticeable & no chemicals. This detergent comes in liquid or powder form, scented or unscented. I use the powder because it's less expensive. I ridiculously love it. Oh, one more thing. It keeps my darks, dark! No fading & I just love that fact! (This product is available in small & large size.)

Soft Fabric Fragrance Free Dryer Sheets. These are so cool & so different from traditional dryer sheets. Instead of soft, they have a rough, crunchy texture to them. I toss one in every single load & when the load is complete, I open the garage door & toss it in the recycling bin. They're biodegradable! Love them.

Nature Bright Laundry Booster & Stain Remover. I used to use this product in whites alone, but I now use it in every load, even darks. It freshens every load & is superior in removing stains. I've used it on my carpet, even, to remove a 5 year old carpet stain! I use it on my counters to whiten the grout. I use it any & everywhere I want to whiten & brighten & remove stains. Phenomenal.

That's it! Those 3 products are all I use to get our clothes fresh & clean. Shaklee does offer a fabric softener but I admit, I've never used it. I have never used fabric softener, so I've just never tried it. But I hear it's pretty darn good, too. Here's the link if you want to check it out: Soft Fabric Concentrate.

If you are searching for healthier laundry products, I urge you to try them. I promise, you'll love them! Heck, if you don't, just call Shaklee & let them know. Shaklee has a 100% money back guarantee. If you have any questions, email me & it will be my pleasure to help you. My email is: adoringthesimple@gmail.com

Happy laundering!

(There are some links on the right sidebar ------> that show even more examples of how fantastic Shaklee's products are. Feel free to peek!)

No comments: