Sunday, October 16, 2011

Eighteen year old collage picture frame.

Eighteen years ago, I did this! Goodness. This puppy is so old! We weren't even married when I put this together. Do they even make these collage picture frames anymore? It's been shoved in the back of our closet for years. I love discovering items like this after they've been tucked away for a while. So fun. :)



Though it's been a while, hubby & I are actually avid country dancers (we were actually dancing 'buddies' before we began dating) & we've decided it's time for us to begin again. Our favorite song to dance to is Keith Whitley's 'My Amy'. Do you remember that? Anyway, our children are older now (sniff), it's time to cut the cord & find a regular sitter. I am excited but so nervous, all at the same time! I am excited about becoming a person again - big hair, dramatic makeup, non-mommy clothes, some beautimous heals, adult conversation & laughter - but so nervous about allowing a stranger to watch my children. I think my children have been without mom or dad probably 4 or 5 times total in 10 1/2 years. The longest period was for 8 hours, while hubby & I attended my 25th high school reunion. The sitter was a girl (she still is a girl, so you know ;o) who is my friend's daughter. I've known them forever & I trust the girl (& her boyfriend, who came with her at the time) with my life! We only had three children at the time & I paid her $180. LOL I think that was a little much! And then she went & graduated high school & recently graduated from Texas A&M so needless to say, she doesn't sit anymore. The other handful of times my children had someone watching them it was only for an hour or two & family stayed with them. In 10 1/2 years, my husband & I have not been out alone. The times mentioned above we were always with other people. I'm not even sure we'd know what to talk about anymore! We already have some couples lined up to go to dinner & dancing with us, so it's time to get serious & find us a cheap reliable, honest, mature, calm, dependable sitter. I have some leads, so we'll see!

I'm sure many of you can relate & I've blogged about this topic before - but this mom here has pretty much lost herself & it's time, it's past time, to find myself again & begin living! I should do another blog post about that some time. Going out to dinner & dancing is going to help me find my way back! I can do it & you can too! Ü

1 comment:

Rebecca M. said...

Cool pictures! What I noticed almost right away is the picture of you on the far right about halfway down. The one with your bangs hanging down straight and you look to be about 15???.....it looks JUST LIKE C3!!! I keep looking at it and the more I do the more of a resembelance I see between the two of you. Crazy, huh?