Saturday, October 13, 2007

Time to throw it out!

Everyone is finally improving & feeling better. Here's what I have accomplished thus far. :)

Tossed: All air fresheners (except for the tiny little square ones), pledges, air sanitizers, all (& I had a ton!) floor cleaning products, body/hand lotions with perfume (except for my body lotion), detergent with perfume, dryer sheets with perfume, hard cleaning agents (like CLR - which I rarely use), shower/bath wall/tub cleaners, Lysol Disinfectant (which I rarely use - I do like it for mattresses but the scent is way too strong), window cleaner.

Things I won't be changing include: shampoos, soaps, Jaguar's/my hair products, Bon Ami (it's perfume/dye free). The following might get replaced at a later time if I find something as productive: Shout, Clorox Anywhere, dish/dishwasher detergent.

Undecided for now: Clorox wipes (I think can be replaced with the Clorox Anywhere), toilet bowl cleaner, bleach for shower (which is not used often).

I'm sure many more will "pop up" as time progresses.

I'm going to purchase this book: Clean Your House Safely and Effectively Without Harmful Chemicals: Using "From the Cupboard" Ingredients (baking soda, salt, white vinegar, cornstarch, vegetable oil, lemon juice) - by Randall E. Dunford. :)

I'm hoping by implementing the above, it will help alleviate the below:

Not so great photo, I know. What do you want from me? I'm sick. LOL! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love how they sit so well for their treatments. My boys...well, NEVER looked like that!

Posted by: Jennifer C. | October 13, 2007 at 08:56 PM