Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day! :)

Bentley: Mom, why does Mother's Day come before Father's Day?

Me: Because we're more important, Bentley.

Hahahahahaha! :)

I hope you mothers have a wonderful day! I love Mother's Day. I waited many years for my children & to be able to participate in this particular day - now I just love it! It is such a privilege & an honor to be a mom. A pure blessing. A joy beyond comprehension. A love like one has never known.

I hope you take the time today to celebrate YOU. I have no contact with my mother, but you probably do. Just remember that not only is your mother celebrating this day, but you're a mother too & this day is also your day. It makes me sad that so many people I know spend this day running here & there, doing everything they can for their mother & their mother-in-law. What about you? I used to do it too (years ago for my mother, but more recently for my mother-in-law). About 3 years ago...I had a wake up call. Wait a minute! This is MY day too. My mother-in-law got to spend numerous Mother's Days with her children when they were growing up. Now, it's my turn. I want to spend Mother's Day with my children! We still celebrate with her, but not on Mother's Day. I'm sure she's not real happy about that because she is an extremely controlling, manipulating person. Fortunately though, she's not permitted to control my family. And I love celebrating Mother's Day with just my cute little family. I really do hope you find the time to put yourself first & celebrate your cute little family too. You deserve it! Have a wonderful Mother's Day! :)

2 comments:

Mommy Brain said...

Happy Mother's Day Melissa! I love Mothers Day too...more than my birthday...more than Christmas...more than anything...I cry, I laugh and I hug my kids all day long. And Doug is great at making me feel like a queen...I love it!

lotto winning numbers said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.