Thursday, May 22, 2008

I'm in a bit of a pickle.

The crib.



This isn't a good photo of the crib, but hopefully you can see my dilemma. The end pieces are solid wood. Both the front rail & the back have slats.

Problem 1 - the slats. Because of Mercedes' reflux, I change her sheet daily. The bumper became a real pain in the arse removing & then replacing each time I changed the sheet . So for the time being, I took it out completely. The other night she was screaming. I beelined it to her room to find a.) her blanket completely wrapped around her head & face only & b.) her arm was thru a slat & stuck on the outside of the crib. Solution to a.) obviously she sleeps with no blankets now (she is way too active) & b.) I put the bumper back in.

Problem 2 - the bumper. The bumper has tonsssssssss of ties/bows. Hard to see in the photo, but they are there. Believe it or not, she can already untie the bows! This creates an unsafe environment because I'm afraid she'll get her hand/fingers/whatever twisted up in one.

What to do? Obviously I can't remove the bumper for fear she'll get her arm or a foot stuck on the outside of the crib, & I can't keep the bumper in because of all the ties. I'm ready to hear your suggestions, please! :)

**Rebecca thanks! I will visit securebaby.com promptly! And I have heard of the zipper sheets - going to check them out too! I actually have that website written down (cloudsandstars.com) - I think I read somewhere Pottery Barn has them too! Thanks again!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a solution for both issues. First off, the bumper..you can replace Caibry's bumper with a mesh one. Go to www.securebaby.com and look for the BreathableBaby CribShield System. It will work for your style crib. Second, to save your back (and sanity) you can always get the new zipper crib sheets for her crib. There is a bottom portion that goes under the mattress, and then the top part zippers on. I had one for Will and I LOVED it! Go to www.cloudsandstars.com and search for the Quickzip Zipper Sheet. Hope this helps!

Rebecca M.

Michelle said...

My suggestions.. The Ultimate Crib Sheet!!! These are all we use on our crib. It lays on top of the mattress and you snap it into place. It makes changes so easy because you don't have to move the mattress around every time. I highly recommend it!

Deanna said...

Those zipper sheets are really neat!! Melissa if you look in the clearance section of the site clouds and stars there is a pink gingham base for only $9.99 and everyone loves a sale :)If they had bold bright colors I would by them But we have primary colors and they only have pastels which is great for Caibry's room.

lottery said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.