Friday, May 23, 2008

Spit up.

Mercedes' spit up has been out of control the last couple of days. I am wiped. I don't know how I'm going to do this for a year. It's so bad you guys. Soooooooooooo bad. So far the Prevacid hasn't worked but it's too soon to tell. I can barely tolerate this - I don't know how she can be such a happy spitter. It's just awful!

I just sit here in dismay because I'm telling you - I don't know how this baby is so chunky. It seems to me she is spitting up her entire 8 oz. bottles. But I guess not. You guys would pass out if you could see what it's like here. It's a nightmare!

Off to wash...again. Just needed to vent. :)

**I'm going to try a new formula tonight. I called the Endocrin today & they agreed I could switch to anything as long as it isn't soy. I'm going to go to Kroger - I think they'll have the best selection. I hate to switch her but I've got to give it a try. The last alternative is to switch to a special order formula we will order through the GI dr.

Rebecca, we did try a few different ones early on but I can't recall which ones they were. They didn't help.

Katie, Mercedes weighed 16.5 lbs. on Wednesday.

Wish me/us luck! :)

3 comments:

threadbiz01 said...

I know you are tired of it...it sounds like it is a lot. I can remember with Destiny thinking it was crazy and couldn't figure out how she was gaining weight. All the changing of her clothes and bibs was crazy.
You know you can also ask your grocery store that you frequent to order whatever formula you are wanting. I go to Food Lion that is near my home and they would order what I wanted as well as Wal Mart.
I hope things get better for you.

Mommy Brain said...

I'm so sorry that you are up to your eyeballs in yuck! You can start to tell people it's your new perfume, "o'De SpitUp' After Jed grew out of his spit up days I got a new couch and new carpet. I remember freaking out about the volume of liquid coming out of his mouth and Doug told me to take a 8 oz bottle of water and pour it out on the floor...to show me how much 8 oz truly looked like...that helped me calm down a little. I'm sure you've tried it all...but Jed seemed to get a "small" amount of relief when we put Doug's Med books under one side of the crib to elevate it. Looks strange but seemed to work a little.

Playing catch up here...but changing crib sheets is awful, back breaking work! I hope some of the solutions offered work!

Love to you Melissa!

PS--I met Jana, one of my blog buddies for coffee the other day, we had such a great talk...maybe the two of us could do coffee some day? looking forward to it.

lottery ticket draws said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.