Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Garage sale II. The final rose.

I know. "The final rose". I kill me. :) I use that phrase 'cause I'm pretty sure - a garage sale? Ain't never happenin' again. Having a garage sale, in Texas, in July, is just asinine. I had accumulated so much stuff though, I had no choice. To say it was miserable day (& the week prior) is an understatement.

The most humorous/entertaining part of the garage sale were all the children's clothing. Oh. Holy. Pickles. I had no idea I had that many clothes. It was completely overwhelming. And I did not get all the bags/containers opened & separated; therefore, people came into my garage, sat down on the floor & opened all my stuff themselves! And I let them. I was beyond caring at that point. Ü It's a shame the photos do not do justice to the actual amount of clothing/shoes I had. People were throwing this & digging thru that, & now the remainder of the clothes are a complete mess! All my sets have been separated & I have to start all over again. At least I can drag them into the house & resort in the air conditioning. :)

The below 2 photos are what I have left. And did I mention the clothes were all size 4T & under? LOL It's quite obvious my children had all (or most) of these clothes prior to moving into the money pit. 'Cause it'll be quite some time before they see a selection equivalent to what they were provided in the past. Baha! Ü

There is a somewhat new children's resale shop in our area (not the one I contacted about a year ago). Once I get a game plan & begin reorganizing the clothes, I'll be phoning them to see if they are interested in any of this. I have some leftover baby items as well, so hopefully they'll take the majority of what's left. I'll be taking the rest to Goodwill, after pulling some out for a friend.

All in all we had a super sale. But I sure don't want to do it again. Ever. Ü

4 comments:

Destiny said...

i read something about your garage sale in your post...but for the most part i was just staring at the outside of your house!!!! lol!!! BEAUTIFUL...can't wait to visit..lol and then I was just scan shopping with my eyes to see what I wanted!! lol! Yeah summer garage sales are just not a good idea but I am glad it turned out ok for you!

Bobbi Janay said...

That is a crazy amount of stuff. Wow no wonder you were tired by the end of that weekend.

Bridget said...

OMGoodness!!! That's alot of clothes left. You'll probably make a good bit of money from the resale shop, too! I'd be tired after all of that as well!

Melissa Miller said...

WOW! It was huge! You did have so many clothes. Fun!