Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Precious passion.

When I was younger, I was never encouraged to discover, embrace & live my passions. Or maybe I was encouraged, but I don't remember. At age 44, there are so many things I am passionate about. Some of my passions have probably changed along the way & new ones have bloomed. I'm your typical I want to do this, I want to go there, this is where my heart is & oh how I love this! kind of girl. Sometimes my passion yesterday is not my passion today. Maybe I should just realize having more than one passion is completely wonderful & I can love them all.

I love animals. All animals. Any animals. Literally, I have been rescuing animals for years. My husband of 16 years no longer battles my desire - he now helps me. A few years ago, it dawned on me that maybe I should consider opening my own rescue some day. Oh how I would love that! But I know what it takes. And it takes a lot. "A lot" is actually an understatement. And right now, I'm not in any position to do it. If I ever could pull it off, it would be a dream come true.

Why? This is why. Please click the link. It's one of the sweetest stories you'll ever see. They don't have a voice. We have to be their voice. And oh yes, we can make a difference. ♥

No comments: