Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Smashbox lipgloss versus Bonnie Bell lipgloss.

Here's another scenario that proves my theory - one does not have to spend a lot of money on makeup to look glamorous. I don't care what anybody else says. They're wrong. And I know everything, so I must be right. Ha!

Ah, shiny lips. Beautiful, yummy, shiny lips. I'd sure like some. Without the sticky.

In December, I splurged. I spent $18 & bought this:



Only to return it after Christmas because, ew! It was icky, sticky gross. Loved the color & application - hated the sticky. Fast forward to yesterday. Browsing the makeup at Walmart. Because, that's where I get all of my makeup. Walmart. Or any drugstore, really. Anyway, I yet again decided I'd like to attempt some sticky-free shiny gloss. I've tried a few different brands, but had no luck. As I was picking up some Lipsmackers (a must have in most rooms of my house!), I spotted this for $2.94. Might as well give it a try, for a mere $3. Not out much if the end result is as horrid as the others. (That's not a crack in the lid - that's their design. There's one on the other side, too.)



Guess what? LOVE! Pretty shine with little to no sticky! I really couldn't believe it. But it's great! I did notice the color fades sooner than the shine does. I don't recall them having a huge selection in colors, but a darker color might work better or, this might be a gloss that can be worn on top of lipstick. I'll try that next.

So. Let's sum this up real quick. The professional, expensive brand for $18 was gross. The drugstore, inexpensive brand for $3 rocks! Tough call, heh? Finding the right makeup products takes time & trial & error. But what it doesn't take, is a lot of money to look & feel beautiful! And that, is priceless. :)

(A few months ago I had a friend tell me about Sephora's brand of gloss. Kriss loves it & says it's not sticky. I actually picked some up on Friday night, for $10. Because our flood mishap that happened on Saturday, I haven't opened it yet. Now? I'll be returning it simply because $3 is cheaper than $10. Thanks Kriss!)



Again my opinion - it doesn't matter if you purchase expensive, professional brand makeup or drugstore, less expensive brand makeup. If you don't know how, &/or don't take the time to apply it properly, it's not going to look good. Brand has nothing to do with how one wears their makeup.

Happy beautifying!

No comments: