Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Breathtaking.

One day while driving around, I discovered two abandoned railroad cars sitting on the train track, located right in the heart of our tiny 'main street'. I knew I wanted to use this location for both Bentley & Audi's shoots. Audi's was taken on a burgundy enclosed car (photo on the left sidebar), Bentley's was taken on an open car. The car had completely open sides & two tall ends. So awesome! At the time, I had no idea the amazing scenery we were about to embark on.

When I did Bentley's shoot 9.26.09, it was just him & I. I pulled right up to the cars, left my car running (a/c - it was hot outside!) & hollered at him "let's do it!" We walked up to the car. Hmm. That sucker was mighty tall. I, however, am not, & Bentley is a foot under me. The car had a ladder on it, but it was in a challenging position. The bottom wrung was kind of high to even get on, & once you climbed the ladder, you then had to "swing" yourself over to get on top of the car. Bentley went first, & I stood below to catch him, should need be. It wasn't. Piece of cake for him. My attempt too was successful (I'm sure quite comical as well, had anyone been on the ground watching) - I climbed the ladder, then "swung" on to the car. Once up, I kind of began freaking out - it was high up there, & I was almost hyperventilating about getting down. What goes up must come down! Though I had no idea how either of us was going to accomplish the journey back down to land (painfree, anyway) & not only that, my car was running with my cell phone inside. I couldn't phone hubby to come & retrieve us. And there was absolutely no one around this location. Anyway...



While gathering my wits, I turned around. Oh.good.glory! Look what I saw behind us!! Incredible! The rodeo! I had absolutely no clue the rodeo would be visible from the top of that car. It was beautiful! It was about 5:30 p.m. or so on a Saturday, wonderful lighting from the sun, & the backdrop couldn't have been more perfect (although, Bentley in a cowboy shirt & hat would have been pretty cool). Even though excited, I was now dripping with sweat - a. the heat was scorching up there & b. I was in a panic about getting off the car. I quickly snapped a few (none "made the cut" - honestly, I was so nervous & the sun was so bright, I couldn't even focus on the camera settings) & we attempted our dismount.

I don't remember who went down first, but we made it. I think this shot is breathtaking (I'm quite positive it's a Texas thing ;o), so I know for sure I'll be returning. On a Saturday night, too. At approximately 5:30 p.m. That said, next time I will take my own ladder, & my cell phone will go up with me, since you know, it is portable. ☺

Views such as this just confirm my love for photography. And though I am not able to shoot as much as I'd like, I do ♥ photography.

No comments: