Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Halloween '09 - part II.

Ok. I'm going to be honest here. I was very hesitant about posting these photos. As you know, I was so excited (somewhat ;o) to finally embrace Halloween, & this year I chose not to attempt to bribe my little people from participating. So on board I hopped, & went out & purchased the costumes of their choice. In advance, at that! I was proud of myself. ☺ Halloween came & went & life trucked on.

As you know, I love to read blogs. Love photos. Love life stories. As I browsed blog after blog, I noticed something. Halloween costumes. The Halloween costumes I was seeing put our Halloween costumes to shame. Mothers who obviously took the time, & either made their children's costumes, or purchased costumes & enhanced them. Originality. Creativity. Uniqueness. Awesomeness. I became sad & felt bad for my children. My children received their costumes from Wal-Mart & Party City. Am I the only one who purchases over-the-counter costumes? I dunno. Even though my little people were totally happy w/ their costumes, maybe next I can do better. Maybe next year I can turn my Little Rascals idea, or something else, into reality. So far they haven't been interested. So we'll see. Anyway...



For some reason, every time I look @ Bentley in that mask, I crack up. He looks like one of the Wise Men. So funny. And no, Mercedes' pants & top don't match. Yah. Next year, I should make sure all items shown on the cover are included in the package (I've been guilty of doing that at Christmas time, too). Hers didn't come with bloomers & I thought it did. ;o)



Nonetheless, they had a blast & truly, that's all that matters. I adore my little people. ♥




About 30 minutes after we headed out, Mercedes took a tumble. I was walking behind her I can tell you - when she tripped, it was one of those "thunks" & I just knew. I knew she was hurt. She smacked her head/face right on the concrete. Immediately I picked her up & she began kicking me with all her might. Typically when she is hurt, really hurt, she gets angry & begins kicking. I ran her to the closest neighbor who had a porch light on to look. I still couldn't really see much, but she spotted a pumpkin, yelled "punkin!!" & all was ok. So we continued on.
When we got home, I was finally able to see what resulted. The round, quarter size pink on her cheek is not part of the accident. Everything else, is. I gave her Motrin & she was ok. Poor baby. :(



The photo below is the following day. Pardon the food on her face - she was obviously eating something, but I wanted to get a snapshot before it got too late. Btw, all photos in this post are snapshots.


Now I will take my depressed soul away from these photos & sign off. Heehee. ☺

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

adorable pictures! You aren't the only one who doesn't "embelish" your kids costumes. Mine all came from Wal-Mart/K-Mart etc. and my kids wore them right out of the package. To top it off, I went to Wal-Mart when the costumes were 90% off and purchased the kids costumes for next year! I bought several for each of them to choose from (the were only $1-$2 each) and so next year, what we have is what they have to pick from. So next year my kids will not only have non-embelished costumes, they will have "last years" costumes as well!

Don't fret Momma - you did a great job and are a great momma.

Rebecca