Thursday, November 5, 2009

The "piss poor" turkey.

Last Friday when I picked the boys up from school, Audi informed me he had a little project to complete over the weekend.

Audi: I brought home a feather to decorate this weekend - it's for the piss poor turkey on the wall in the hallway!

I was driving at the time; I kind of veered off the road a little when he said that! Then, of course, me being me, I giggled. ☺

Me: Audi, what did you just say about the turkey?

Audi: The turkey is in piss poor shape because he has no feathers. I'm going to decorate a feather for him.

Me: Piss poor? Did you say piss poor?

Audi: Yep.

Me: Audi, where did you hear those words?

Audi: Mrs. T.

Well alrighty then. I can't imagine Mrs. T actually using that phrase, but ok! In all honesty, maybe not appropriate, but it was kinda cute. ☺ I told hubby about it that night & giggled again. That was the end of that.

Fast forward to Monday.

During a phone conversation I was having w/ Mrs. T regarding the harrassment Audi is receiving at school, she informed me she needed to bring something to my attention. Evidently, while the classes were walking in the hallway that a.m., another teacher walked by & commented how beautiful the turkey was with all his new, pretty feathers. My Audi, who is very dramatic, loud & obnoxious (he's a lot like me :), yelled out "well, you should have seen him before, he was in piss poor shape!!"

Mrs. T was a little stunned, said she looked at the other teacher, & they all kept walking. Later on she pulled Mr. Audi aside & informed him that those types of words are not allowed at school. She explained that sometimes grown ups say some things they shouldn't, but those words aren't allowed or to be repeated in school. She then asked him where he heard that phrase & he quickly replied: "My mom".

Now. I admit. Sometimes I say things I shouldn't say. I ain't a perfect person - I'm a human person. ;o) That said, you can bet your booty I don't use the phrase "piss poor".

As far as Audi is concerned? Busted. ☺



*Btw, the district is evaluating Audi to see if he qualifies for the "Gifted & Talented" program. Told ya he is a lot like me. Heehee. :o)

1 comment:

Mommy Brain said...

Did you tell her that he had blamed her when you questioned him?