Wednesday, April 21, 2010

From 5 lbs. 13 oz. to 9 years old.

He was the tiniest, cutest baby. And here he is today. Still oh so cute.

He has the type of face that just draws you in. Big, brown eyes that I adore.

It really doesn't seem like it's been 9 years since we drove him home from Dallas. Since we told everyone waiting for us at our house, that they couldn't hold him for 3 weeks. Since I sat staring at him in his new, white, crisp bassinet wondering what in the sam hills I was going to do with him.


We don't do huge birthday celebrations here. My children have never had a birthday party - Bentley had an extended family celebration when he turned 1 and also 2, Audi had one when he turned 1, Jaguar & Audi had a joint celebration when she turned 1 & he turned 2, & poor Mercedes. She didn't even get one for her first birthday. I honestly don't know why it's like that, but it makes me feel like a complete loser mom. Birthday celebrations are now big stuff here at our home. There are some summer plans in the works to make up for past birthdays. These plans may not fall on their particular birth dates, but whoopie. Fun is fun! Ü

Bentley thought he only received 2 gifts from us. Books (of course), & a new glove. He never complained. But I certainly know he was thinking "just two?"

We made him hide his eyes & told him there was just one more gift from us. Do you see Jaguar, in the right corner? I guess she thought she had to hide her eyes, too. Baha!

Then we rolled in this big guy. He was surprised! He loved it. And he went for a ride.

Or forty. :)

I despise the challenges we have with him right now. It's no fun. For him, or us. And I just pray like the dickens that this season will end soon. For him, & us.

No matter the struggles, no matter the trials & tribulations, my love for him is unconditional. There really are no words to describe how much I love him. I absolutely cherish every 48 lbs. of him. He is precious. ♥

Happy Birthday, sweet boy.

3 comments:

Launa said...

Oh so cute! Happy Birthday!!!
Funny, we call our little guy "sweet boy" too!!

Launa said...

and we don't do big parties either and it makes me feel like a bad mom too!

Kelly from Arkansas said...

Happy Birthday, Bentley!! Our baby is turning 9 too. Wow, how time flies.