Monday, April 5, 2010

The simple, white bowl.

My newest obsession. Or addiction. Or both. Ü
White dishes.
Pure. Sophisticated. Clean. Pretty. Quiet. Simple. Awesomeness.

I read many decorating blogs. Mostly "cottage decor", only because I haven't found many mod ones yet. :) I love the serenity of cottage decor. The calming vibe. But I don't prefer to decorate my home with it. That said, I fell in love with all the white dishes I was seeing. Grouped together, such a homey, beautiful statement.

I found this bowl today at -Wal-Mart! Oh, you know it! I needed a large bowl to hold certain fruits & such. This is perfect. Ü

It's solid Porcelain. Heavy. Great quality. It's a multi-tasker - can be used in the dishwasher, microwave & oven! Woot!


I've decided to pick up another piece each time I go to Wal-Mart. They provide all different pieces/shapes. I pretty much fell in love with all of them. If I begin to visit Wal-Mart daily, my husband will catch on. He is aware of my new found love of white dishes. But I really don't need to break the bank, so I'll have to pace myself. :)

The best part, other than the obvious? $7.96. For a 9" bowl I will have for many years to come.

Now go buy yourself a white bowl. And be giddy with me. Because as you know, it's all about the simple.

1 comment:

Rebecca M. said...

Now if they had them in bright red, navy blue or bright yellow, I would be buying some as well. At that price, they are a steal.