Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Getting' skinny - 4.4.12.

Weight loss: .02 oz.

Saw my dr. this morning. In 8 1/2 months, I've gained 7 lbs. I have not gained weight in years, literally. Day to day my weight may fluctuate, but as far as the end result is concerned, I've always maintained the same weight. Dr. & myself are contributing the gain to me no longer smoking. I'll take that. Though now my struggle is even more difficult, at least I'm not smoking.

Basing my blood sugar levels off my last results, & though I'm not technically diabetic, she introduced me to two different drugs today that would regulate my levels. Even though I don't need the medication, essentially, I 'qualify' for it. The reason she mentioned them to me is because they cause weight loss. She said people who are not in danger of diabetes are calling her asking for a prescription. Ha! Taking the medication would involve giving myself two shots a day. Ack! Don't know if I'm that brave, but I told her I'd research them. I would only take one of the medications - she just gave me two different brands to look in to.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm fixing to indulge into the biggest bag of M&Ms I can get my grubby hands on, & I'll happily rinse them down with a caffeine free diet coke. Tonight, I just don't care. I hope to slip into a sugar coma & then into bed.

**********

M&Ms aren't near as good as I remember. Sweet. :)

No comments: