Saturday, November 10, 2012

I have a secret!

My name is Melissa & I'M A HOARDER. Of certain items. Ahem.



What you are looking at is new, unused plastic utensils that I have gathered along the way for the last - TWELVE YEARS. Or so. I lost count.



We used to be very active in our church group & I used to save these because they came in handy for fellowship gatherings. When we'd run through a drive through or go on vacation or whatever, & because we rarely used them, I'd always hang on to the utensils (& obviously, some straws) the restaurant provided. And I could never get out of the habit. And I currently can't get out of the habit.



To put it in perspective, here's the pile next to my 4.5 year old daughter.



In my defense, in the first photo, they are 'organized' nicely, right? These have been taking up space on the top shelf of my pantry. And recently, on the bottom shelf of my pantry. (Well, heck, to be totally honest, we were beginning to have more utensils in there than food! Just kidding. Kind of.) Because I'm trying to declutter (now you know why), I decided it's time to break the habit. Let it go. Let them go, Melissa. Just let them go.

I know many of you are thinking 'well thank God. I'm not as bad as I thought I was.' You're welcome.

Wait until I show you my bank statements from NINETEEN EIGHT-FIVE.

No comments: