Thursday, July 11, 2013

Bringing the Kardashian colors into my home!

I don't know what the technical term is, so that's what I'll call it. :)

This will be fun! I've finally made a decorating decision I've been contemplating now for over a year! This is an idea I have shared with my husband & family for over a year. They've always been on board. Now, I decided to put that idea into action!

I am going to decorate my home using the Kardashian colors! Yip!

I'm particularly fond of Kris Jenner's home. Images (& shots from their reality show) I've seen of it, anyway. I love the way it looks - the clean, crisp, sophisticated look. Her entire home's color palette is black, silver/gray & white = gorgeousness!







But wait! What's this? Brown? They have a brown den? And bathroom. And probably more. I noticed they still have black in those rooms, though.



Obviously, I am completely incorrect assuming Kris' entire house is done in the black/silver/gray/white palette. Personally, I don't like the mixture. The rooms are beautiful, of course, but I think I'm going to stick with her kitchen/bedroom colors. I have a lot of dark brown, because that was my base color. So this will be tricky! But I really don't want to flip flop back & forth.

One reason I love the black & silver palette is because silvers & grays are so versatile. There are so many amazing shades that can be incorporated into design & that fact alone has always intrigued me. Not to mention, I think this palette is so rich & expensive looking (remember my "Desiring: Beautiful" post?) without having to cost tons.

I will be making changes on a budget, of course! And slowly but surely. I'm in the process of planning/decorating my daughters' new room, too, so I'll just do what I can when I can do it.

I love decorating!

Follow me on Facebook for more fun stuff! Click here!

1 comment:

Kriss said...

I can't wait to see the changes u make!