Friday, August 30, 2013

Pretty in pink.

I love pink. I've always loved pink. Almost all shades of pink, but not mauve. Remember mauve?



Mauve was popular many years ago & I officially got mauve'd out. No mauve here. Just pretty pinks.

But first, I got this bright idea (pun intended) to paint this green lamp shade. I'm not fond of green. Not for my decorating, anyway. I have a forest green (& gold - wallpaper) 'formal' (hate that word) dining room. Seems every color I don't like to decorate with is in this house. And we bought it anyway! Here's my green lamp shade. Love the base, hate the shade.



I had some white paint, so I sprayed it. What a fiasco! This lamp shade is not the typical lamp shade fabric & I had an icky, gooey, freaky mess. I'm going to buy a new one, but for now, as kanked up as it is, I like it better than the green!

A long time ago, I picked up this gold LOVE sign. I don't even remember where I got it - Goodwill, I think. It's just been hanging around because I never knew what color I wanted it.



Until today. How cute would it be pink? So I painted it, too. I'm going to put it in my black, white, gray & pink living room.



Perfect!

Follow me on Facebook for more fun stuff! Click here!

No comments: