Sunday, June 29, 2008

Tacky comment #6.

#1-3 happened the first time we all went to church as a family of 6. (I'll reference those later.)

#4 happened at Kroger.

#5 happened at LabCorp.

And #6 - were out to eat a few weeks ago. Someone we know well/we used to go to church with walked up to my Jaguar & I quote "whoa! Did you stick your finger in a light socket?"

Come on now. She's 3. Is she supposed to know what that means? Unfortunately, she will soon enough. Fortunately the comments we typically receive regarding her hair are "oh I loveeeeeeeeee your hair!" or "you hair is beautiful!" That's more like it & so much appreciated.

Other news.

I'm now on Staph infection #3. I hope she'll give me some meds for depression because this 3rd one really has me bummed. Really. Bummed. I just can't believe it.

Social worker coming today for our last visit. Woohoo! We're clear to final with Mercedes. :) That said, Brad has been in our life for over 7 years. I'm going to miss him so much. He is amazing & has been a complete blessing in our lives.

Then we're off to Chuck E. Cheese to play.

Happy Sunday!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I CANNOT believe the tacky comments people make!

and I CANNOT believe you have a 3rd infection. I would be depressed, too. Bless your heart. Do they have any idea why?

So excited you have your last visit for Caibs and that you are clear to finalize! Our finalization is only a little over a week away! Wooooohoooooo!!!!!!

Katie

Anonymous said...

I think that many, many people need to learn the prayer "Lord, please keep your arms around me, and your hand over my mouth!" What an horrible comment to make to a little girl. Hopefully you ***tactfully** put this person in their place.

3rd infection, huh???? Maybe they need to look into amputating the infected parts (hehehe)!!!

Glad to hear that Caibry's finalization is soon.

Rebecca

katd said...

NO! I can't stand that someone would say that about "THE" hair. You know my girl has the same hair:) And we love it!!