Thursday, September 11, 2008

RAW - Rebecca.

"Doesn't it take quite a while to transfer and edit them on the computer? I'm not a photographer, but to me, I'd rather let the camera do the work for me :)"

Rebecca I like your thinking. :) Yes it does take quite some time to edit RAW images. Thus, some people don't want to mess with it. I found your comment interesting because I emailed 3 pros, asking them if they shoot in RAW, & all three said "no". Ha! I have the software to process RAWs downloaded, but that's as far as I've gotten. I still want to try it because I may find I love it; however, I may also find I don't have the time or patience. Hence switching back & forth from JPEG to RAW - which also takes time. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If I had the time, I can really see the benefit of shooting in RAW. I think the human eye is a much better editor and judge of photo dynamics and quality than a cameras editing process. I say "you go girl"!! I have always thought you take wonderful pictures, and shooting in RAW will only enhance that!

Rebecca