Wednesday, June 10, 2009

From strangers to friends.

Tonight we had a severe storm. We watched the news & we knew it was coming. Soon enough the storm hit & the sirens alarmed.

As the sirens sounded, someone firmly knocked on our door. Who in the world? As I was grabbing the keys, I looked thru the beveled glass. "Who is it?" I asked as I fumbled trying to unlock the door. "Please, ma'am, I'm scared, can I come in?" & as I peered out, I noticed a young lady holding a baby carrier.

I looked at hubby a tad hesitant because now-a-days, you have to be so careful. But we knew it was ok. I opened the door & invited her in.

She was a young, beautiful AA girl, probably 20, holding the most precious baby boy. I led her to our family room where she could put the baby down & sit out the storm with us. She had just left work when the storm hit & she was too frightened to continue driving home. She saw our lights on & stopped.

We had the most amazing time! Her name is Tiffany & her 9 month old baby boy is Tristan. We had the most delightful conversation for about an hour! We talked about her & her family, her upbringing, adoption, african american hair (LOL) & church! She actually attends the church we are contemplating visiting. And now we will. She is a doll! She played with the kids, my kids played with her & we all coo'ed over her cute baby boy.

Finally the storm broke. She sincerely thanked us - a quick hug good-bye & off she went. It's funny how God brings people together. And I am so thankful He directed her to our home. She was so young, & so pretty, holding that sweet baby boy - it makes me shiver to think if she would have stopped at the 'wrong' house.

God works in mysterious ways. And when you least expect it, you can bet your tush, He's going to send yet another blessing. ☺

6 comments:

Colored With Memories said...

wow! that is awesome. glad you are okay. we got some wind damage.

Anonymous said...

How wonderful. What a blessing!
Katie

Melissa said...

Wow! What an awesome story! God is so good to us, isn't he? Right when we need it.

Sarah R. said...

I just love this story. God sent her to just the right people. It just makes my heart happy.

Bridget said...

That is such an uplifting, encouraging story! And now a new friend, too!

Rebecca M. said...

What a wonderful story! God does work wonders and sends us what we need just when we need it! PTL!!!