Thursday, June 11, 2009

Pretty pool.





New 6" tile & new plaster. The previous owner told us he had just had the pool replastered a few months before we bought the house. Another fib (verified by pool companies & neighbors). The plaster was probably the original - 14+ years old. He had had it acid washed, not replastered. Huge difference. Last summer was fine, but over the course of the fall & winter, it had deteriorated substantially. Hubby could no longer fight the chemicals to keep the water in balance. In addition to that, slowly but surely the tiny (original) tiles were starting to pop off one by one. That always made me giggle. ☺

So alas, we had no choice but to renovate. My long term goal, if we stay in this house, is to dig the pool up & start from scratch. I'd like to make it bigger & deeper. And get rid of the red coping. Maybe someday.

Baby steps. Baby steps. :)

3 comments:

Colored With Memories said...

to a non-pool owner, it looks perfect!

Rebecca M. said...

I'll be on the next flight to come test out the pool for y'all LOL!!!

Anonymous said...

I wanna come try........Oh, but that would mean you had to see me in shorts (definately NOT a bathing suit)....and then you may be scared and not let me in the backyard. LOL!
Katie