Saturday, February 27, 2010

Lowering expectations.

Because I have OCD, sometimes (ok, possibly it's a lot of the time ;o) I expect just a little too much from my little folks. Often I find myself reminding myself that they are indeed children, learning everyday. I don't want to be too hard on them. I want them to learn, of course, but at their level, not mine. They are their own tiny person - they are not me. What I'm learning is to lower my expectations. To help more, instruct less. Have patience. Just go with the flow. :)

I want my children to play. And they do. But I want them to play even more. Inside. Outside. Over here. Over there. Explore. Experience life. Have simple chores. And simple expectations from mom. Their childhood is too short! I want them to live. To love. To laugh. To have fun! To make amazing memories.
I told you - I don't know what's gotten into me! But whatever it is, it rocks! There is a lot less turmoil in our home. My stress level has diminished. Woot! Try it! Ü

No comments: