Thursday, February 25, 2010

Sickie 1 & Sickie 2.

Whew, what a day. There aren't many aspects of parenting that I just completely dislike, but I have to tell you, having sick children is one of them. The colds began last week with myself first, & then Mercedes was the fortunate one. She went to the dr. on Friday & was given an antibiotic for a slight ear infection. Her cough was horrendous but I had already started her on Albuterol a day or two prior. The thing w/ Mercedes is when she gets a cold, she gets a cold. Those suckers hang on for a solid 10 days. We are at day 7 today & that cold is still going strong. She complained of a "tumuck" ache today & tonight she started vomiting! Good heavens I hope it was just a fluke - I do not want that to be an additional virus that has the dominoe effect. Blah!
I pulled out my camera to take a snapshot of her & she was less than thrilled.
Sickie #1 -going...

Going...

Gone!

Mercedes has very large, prominent tears (balancing on her chin). They are too cute & such a part of who she is.


Remember the dr. visit last week with the "Are you finished" nurse? Yeah, her. While we were in the crowded lobby today awaiting Bentley's follow-up, she came out the door. She saw me & zoomed right over. Obviously, she was waiting for me. She wanted to discuss the issue we had last week.

A conversation of that magnitude should not transpire in medical facility's lobby. However, she brought it, so I complied. She was very cordial, but attempted to manipulate me to believe that I was way 'off base' with what I witnessed between her & Mercedes. Um, huh uh. I flat out told her that was she did was completely unacceptable. That my daughter just turned 2, & was ill at that, & we don't treat children that way. At that point, other patients were listening to our conversation. I felt bad, but hey, evidently she wanted to do it out in the open, so whatever. I was managing my 4 children, so I wasn't about to suggest we go somewhere private (seriously, one would think that once we got into a room, she would have peeked her head in & asked "can I talk to you for a minute?" Sheesh.). I reminded of her of her tacky comments she inflicted on Mercedes. She informed me she has never offended anyone & has never been "reported" in 13 years, to which I replied "good for you, but I was very offended & I thought the office needed to know." This went back & forth for a while & I think she was anticipating from me an "oh gosh, you know, I was wrong, sorry!" Um, nope. Towards the end she began telling me how adorable my children are, she just thinks they are all "so cute", how beautiful both girls are & how she noticed "Jaguar's figure & how she filled out her jeans". What?! LOL She then apologized, & I told her she owed my baby an apology, not me. She apologized to Mercedes (who wouldn't even look at her - I wonder why?). All in all I then said all was ok, she extended her hand for me to shake, so I did. She then went on her merry way. I appreciated her effort & apology (I told her that, too) & if nothing else, hopefully she won't intimidate any other children. Ü

So yesterday with the morning sun arose Sickie #2. Oh, joy. When Jaguar doesn't feel well, you can see it all over her face. Poor girl. Thus far it's just the awful cold with no cough. Hopefully she'll escape that part.
I took a snapshot of her as well & unlike Mercedes, she posed. LOL That's my girl. Ü

We had family coming over tomorrow night, but rescheduled. Nonetheless, TGIF! We have been cooped up too long & hopefully this weekend, we can get out of this house! Ü

(snapshots.)

No comments: