Thursday, November 8, 2007

Calling all moms.

Since Bentley is my first child to lose teeth - I have a question!

When he lost his bottom teeth, one got knocked out by a ball & the other one we had to have extracted. Now, one of his top teeth is very, very loose. However, that sucker has not fallen out & Bentley won't let us yank on it (not to mention I'm about to pass out when I watch it wiggle :). It's been loose for about 4 days (or more) now.

My question is this: I have noticed the tooth has "relocated" & changed positions. For example - I have noticed it has moved up some & turned inward a bit. It's making me extremely nervous & I'm thinking I need to have it extracted. Hubby says not yet.

You moms that have gone thru this - is a loose tooth "moving positions" normal...???? Thanks! :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

it will be fine. Prolly fall out when he/you least expect it.

Posted by: Jennifer C | November 08, 2007 at 07:50 PM

Anonymous said...

I agree with Jennifer, it will most likely fall out just fine when it is ready. Clarisse was having a hard time eating, so pulling it out was the best bet for her. She didn't think it was the best idea to have me messing around in her mouth, but I was pretty sure that I didn't want to mess around with her complaining about eating. So I pretty much made her let me in. Of course once the tooth was out, she was pretty excited.

Posted by: April | November 08, 2007 at 09:06 PM

Anonymous said...

It is perfectly normal for the loose toothe to change positions. The adult tooth that is coming in has sharp "points" on the bottom to allow it to push through. The loose tooth often gets caught up on one of these pointy parts of the adult tooth and it can shift positions, and even become "un-loose" if you know what I mean. I am sure it will fall out within a week or two.

BTW- so glad to find someone else gets light headed when they see their kids' tooth wiggle. YUCK-O-RAMA as my daughter says!

Posted by: Rebecca | November 08, 2007 at 09:16 PM

Anonymous said...

I leave that stuff up to my husband. Eww!! Yes the tooth will turn all different directions, it's nasty. It WILL fall out though,no need to take him in. Have him try pulling it out. Laini's lost a couple while brushing her teeth. Plug the drain first ;)

Laini's gotten better at it as now she pulls her own 8)She's 8.
Her recent tooth fell out when she went to take a drink and the cup bumped her tooth,LOL. Whew..mom escapes another one ;)


Posted by: Kristy | November 09, 2007 at 09:07 AM