Sunday, May 3, 2009

RAW vs. JPG.

Phew. I uploaded both photos this time so I wouldn't upload the wrong one like I did last time.

Below is the original photo (JPG - SOOC *straight out of camera*). Very blue on purpose - I intentionally chose a white balance that I knew was inaccurate.



The below photo is the very same photo shot in RAW. (I shot this particular photo in both JPG & RAW so I could post process the RAW & visually see the difference). I didn't do a whole lot with this photo - just obviously correctly the white balance & a few other functions. And then I sent it to Photoshop & did some very minor tweaking there. I didn't spend much time on it because I don't have much time today. But, I played for a little while (longer than the last time).



I don't really have the best software for post processing RAW images - I have considered Lightroom which is popular, but hubby wants to get me PS CS3. Unfortunately, I'm not that 'blown away' shooting in RAW so I don't think that will be necessary.

Nonetheless, I'll play around further but obviously I'll shoot in whichever program I'm most comfortable with & takes the least amount of time editing. ☺

(I know you have no interest in this info. but hey, I wanted it for me! :)

No comments: