Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Snapshots & a new hairstyle for Jaguar.

Found Bentley reading in a little cubby hole he had made for himself. I guess he felt the need to protect himself with so many little siblings running amock. Cute. :)



Saturday I took Jaguar to a new Ethnic Salon in our area. I was so excited when I spotted it, I just knew I hit the jackpot! Unfortunately, I knew when I made the appointment, I wasn't going to care for the lady. She had a very cocky, snotty attitude & I don't do those. :) Nonetheless, we went, but I certainly did not like her any better in person. She is very experienced, but her attitude is ick.

She pinned Jaguar's hair up all pretty before cutting & I wasn't really sure what agenda was. She began pulling a bottom section loose - & then out came the hairdryer. And out came Jaguar's fear of hairdryers. While trying to calm Jaguar, I tried to explain to the lady that Jaguar is absolutely terrified of hairdryers & that blowing her hair dry was not an option. She told me she needed to dry it straight, to get an accurate cut. (The 1st time I got Jaguar's haircut, that lady cut her hair wet, so it never occurred to me that this lady would dry it first.) Since obviously that wasn't going to fly, she took the pins out & told me she'd cut it wet, but it wouldn't be even. Oh well. With all Jaguar's curls, one could never tell.

So she did some trimming, not nearly enough, & then proceeded to do this: (This is not right after the lady did it, by this time it had started drying some, losing some of it's tightness.)



*That above is Jag's natural smile - which I rarely capture unless I'm doing something insane! Doesn't she have the most adorable smile? :)



She showed me how to do twists with a comb (I already twist her hair sometimes, but I use my fingers). I thought this new do looked cute - but as time went on, I noticed it just wasn't 'her'. Her big, gorgeous, loose, curly hair is 'her'. It was nice for something different, though. ☺

I may try it sometime(s) for something different. I won't put as many ponytails in, though. Just a few. I do know that pulling her hair up or in pigtails is much cooler for her. :)

When we first walked in from the beauty shop, hubby met us at the door. He exclaimed "Oh! Ooohh, you look so pretty!" Then Jaguar turned around & walked away from him, giving him a view of the back of her head. He then said "oh oh oh....ooooohhhhhh". I guess 'cause she had so many ponytails & he had never seen that before. Ha! Funny.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I agree that it's just "not her". Maybe I only think that cause I've only ever seen pics of her with it down and curly, but that's what I thought when I saw it. It is cute though and her smile is GORGEOUS!

Bridget said...

I love the pic of Cade in his "cubby hole" to read!! I used to have to hide in my closet from my sister! :D

Cailyn's smile and curls are cute!

Colored With Memories said...

i love her hair in all its curliness!