Thursday, May 14, 2009

Sometimes I'm a slow learner.

For months now, Mercedes has enjoyed throwing all her food off her highchair tray. And that's after she eats what she wants, & then squishes & crushes the rest. She throws her sippy cup down at least 12 times every meal. Snacks included. She is nasty! She has ruined most of her clothes & I often contemplated making her eat naked. None of my other babies were ever this gross.

As of the last 2 weeks, she can now completely remove her highchair tray. Man is she gifted. So everything goes piling down again, this time though, tray included. The most annoying noise. Food & milk & juice flying everywhere. I can no longer keep my floor clean. I can no longer keep her clean. I can no longer keep my sanity.

Today at lunch, I removed the tray & scooted her up to the table. I gave her cheese cubes, mandarin oranges & milk while I fixed the raviolies. Before long, I saw her giggle every time she tossed down a piece of cheese. Then I watched as she squeezed the juice out of all her mandrin oranges & began throwing them. All over the table & floor. Her clothes were covered in orange juice & everything was an icky mess. My Mercedes got one stern scolding!

But I finally wisened up. I took all food away. I took her milk cup away. I cleaned her & Clorox wiped her highchair & surroundings. From here on out, she will get no food until I feed her myself piece by piece. This routine may take longer - but probably not, considering all the cleaning I was having to do @ each & every meal.

When she had finished her lunch, there was no mess. Voila! Such a shame I didn't catch on 2 months ago. Sigh.

****************************************

Mercedes is really starting to slim down. I can tell a difference when I hold her. I've noticed she isn't eating as much as she used to. She's slimmer now. ☺

She can say "bye-bye", "nigh nigh" & waves when she says both. When the music comes on, she is dancing like nobody's business. She throws everything she gets her hands on. She was headed for Audi & as soon as he spotted her, he ran for cover right as she threw a toy at his head. I cracked up as I congratulated his quick thinking. We all know to look out when she comes running with a toy. Chances are, one of us is in the line of fire.

She sure is cute. But now she's cute & clean! ☺

2 comments:

Carrie Hayes said...

Yeah for you and not having to clean as much!!!

Anonymous said...

LOL! I still sit in front of Lily most of the time and only give her a piece or two at a time because she also likes to play and throw her food. I wouldn't mind her making a mess if she was really trying to EAT the food....but when she's playing....man it makes me ....darn tootin' mad!
Katie