Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Homemade Alfredo sauce!

My oldest son loves Alfredo sauce, so I told him I would try to find a recipe & make it for him. When I searched the internet for recipes, none of them appealed to me. Many of them contained cream cheese! In Alfredo sauce? No thanks. I just happened to have Frigo Parmesan Cheese (shaved), so I looked on the package & low & behold there was an Alfredo recipe. Considering I couldn't find any others, I decided to give it a try.



The recipe was so easy. I followed the directions exactly - the only thing I did different, is add 4 cloves of minced garlic (& I omitted the parsley - ew). Garlic is so healthy & the majority of us love it, so I added a bunch. Mmmmm. I love the smell of fresh garlic.



I pulled it off the burner to show you what it looked like while I was mixing the ingredients. It was quite a chore mixing all these. My arms got a good workout. (We only eat Whole Wheat pasta.)



You can visibly see the shaved parmesan - it did not get completely melted (which, trust, mattered none…it was ooey gooey good). Next time, I will make the sauce separately & then add it to the pasta. Melting it first is probably much easier & will make it simpler to mix with the pasta. In addition, I will use shredded, vs. shaved, parmesan. Shredded parmesan will probably melt quicker than the chunky shaved.



It was soooo good & bonus! All 4 of my children loved it! :)

No comments: