Friday, January 11, 2008

Home.

She is home! They phoned the attorney @ 8:00 a.m. (Thursday) & told them she was ready to be discharged! We didn't leave to get her though until 3:00 p.m.ish. We had too much to do & we waited for Bentley to get out of school. We took all 3 children so they wouldn't be left out. :) We arrived home last night at 10:30 p.m.

My gosh why don't we get advance notice when our children arrive? Holy cow it has been a madhouse since Monday! I certainly won't complain though. And all 4 of our children came "over night". You'd think we'd be prepared. We weren't. :)

The 2-3 hour drive back & forth to hospital about did us in. I have to say, though, the nurses at the hospital were absolutely fantastic! Such sweet, sweet ladies. They actually hugged us good-bye & thanked us for helping Mercedes. So sweet. :)

So, it's 8:20 a.m. & I've had 3 hours sleep. I washed clothes at 12:30 a.m. & unloaded & reloaded the dishwasher at 7:00 a.m. :) Mercedes slept 5 hours between feedings at the hospital & I hope that pattern continues right over here at home. :) So far, no such luck, but 4 hours is good enough. She is absolutely guzzling her bottles so feedings are a breeze. I'm taking to her the pediatrician today because she is a tad jaundice - I'll be glad to have our doctor check her out.

Thanks for all the comments! We really appreciate it. And, Bentley, Audi & Jaguar are loving their new sister. :)

Shhhhhhh...don't tell...I am already mourning the fact this is our last adoption...

12 comments:

Kristy said...

SHE IS ADORABLE MELISSA!!! I'm SO thrilled for you guys. Bless your heart for already 'mourning' ;)
Unfortunately the feeling never ends and you think..just ONE more?
I have 3 kids,but between you and Katie I'm ready to adopt..that ONE more :) I love your heart Melissa!

Deanna said...

Congrats- I have not been able to read your blog in a few days and I was so happy to see that you have been blessed again :)
We have had our hands full with medical issues for our new adopted guy- come visit my blog when you get a chance. I don't have to tell you to enjoy them when they are little as you know too well That they get big fast.

amy said...

Congratualations on your new daughter. What a blessing.

Amy
dancingwithinfertility.blogspot.com

katd said...

She is so beautiful! I'm beyond thrilled for you. And I totally get your sadness at this being your last. There has to be something very sad about knowing this is your last baby!! :)
Get some rest, if possible, and you kiss that beautiful girl for us!

Elizabeth said...

So precious! I hope the sleep transition isn't too hard on you for the next couple of weeks. But she is totally worth it, I'm sure!

Annie said...

Congratulations. I just started reading you. It's a coincidence, but my dh and I want to name all our children with names beginning with the hard C, like yours. And one of the names we've picked out, so far, is Cade (short for Caedmon).

Heather.PNR said...

Congratulations!

Mommy Brain said...

She is beautiful! I'm so thrilled for your family! Have fun with your last newborn...there is something bitter sweet about that I know... just enjoy every newborn smell, gurgle and whimper while you can...congratulations!

soapchick said...

Congratulations! I'm so thrilled for you.

one hot momma said...

I am soooo blessed by your story! I'll be praying for you! She is absolutely beautiful!

April said...

She is beautiful and you chose a wonderful name for her too!

Jennifer said...

oh, I want to get my hands on her! I think maybe I should go lather Sam in baby magic and see if he will let me rock him to sleep...

Where's the big brother/sister pics?