Tuesday, January 29, 2008

My baby girl.

This baby is so adorable. She loves to be held. I love that. She is almost inconsolable unless I am holding her. When I first drove down to meet her, I held & rocked her for 2 or so hours. We bonded. :) I think she knew, then, that I would always hold her. And I will. :) It hurts my heart to know she had no family for 4 days - she had no one cuddle her & I do honestly believe that is why she loves to be held. She melts my heart. :)





I LOVE this photo below! :)


Mercedes had her 2 week pediatrician visit last week. She weighed 7 lbs. 4 oz.! What a chunk. :) I had turned into TurboMom - then I got sick. Now I'm ExhaustoMom. lol! I am very tired. She has her days & nights backwards & it is very difficult. Some nights are good, some nights are bad. Seems when husband is on duty, she sleeps great! What's up with that? She is sleeping between 5-6 hours (at night) though so my goodness, who can complain?
She is an angel. It's hard to believe she is already 3 weeks old. She is already changing so much. This Thursday she will be home 3 weeks. It seems like she's been with us forever. :)

She is so precious. We are so incredibly blessed! :)

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

She is SO PRECIOUS! Even with the sleep deprivation, I love that age because of the way they look at you with total trust and wonder. And when they are sleeping...angels!

Mommy Brain said...

She looks like a bitty baby in that last picture! How precious! But poor mommy...I hate being sleep deprived...I turn into psycho mommy then.

Anonymous said...

Oh Melissa...she is so precious!
I know what you mean about being "ExhaustoMom"...I'm right there with you!
Our little one still has her days and nights mixed up too..AND she loves to be held also!
I am so happy for you....What a blessing!
Katie

Anonymous said...

She is adorable and you are so blessed. I hope that you get some rest whenever you can. I just wish I could be ExhaustoMom...lol. I am so ready for sleep deprivation. Yes I really am....haha.
Lynn

katd said...

LOOK at her! What a face:) She is so beautiful, Melissa. She looks so at peace and so content. I hope you get more sleep. What's with her sleeping for daddy and not mommy? :)