Wednesday, January 23, 2008

The tooth fairy.

I had phoned the tooth fairy last week, & asked her if Bentley worked & worked on getting his tooth out, & succeeded, would she bring him something extra special? She said yes. :)

Fast forward to Sunday night. We got Bent's two top teeth out at about 8:00 p.m.ish. I told Bentley that since it was after 8:00, & since I had not yet had the time to clean up his teeth, the tooth fairy just might not make it that night. But hey, who's to say? :)

Low & behold, Monday a.m. Bentley went into my bathroom (where we had left his teeth) for something & found that the tooth fairy did indeed come! For some reason, here at our home, the tooth fairy leaves her little surprises wherever we leave the teeth - & we don't ever leave them under his pillow. Bentley loves it when he finds her surprises & then we always giggle that she left the surprises right where we left the teeth! One night it was on the kitchen island, one night it was on the floor in front of the tv, & this time on mom's bathroom counter! This tooth fairy is one amazing fairy I'm telling you. I bet she's really cute too. LOL! :)

Anyway, he was very pleased to find she left him a $5 bill for each tooth & a new hotwheels car! After all the trauma we put him through, the tooth fairy knew he deserved a little extra. :) And of course, she left his two teeth, sitting on little cotton balls, as she always does. :)

Honestly, I didn't think my Bentley could get any cuter. I must say this child is so dadgum cute with those teeth out & to hear him talk is priceless! Such a cute, cute boy. :)

He loves having those teeth gone. I think they were really bothering/hurting him. If I had to do it over again, though, I'm not so sure I'd do it that way. I think we'd visit the dentist. :) Thank you all, again, for all your sweet comments! :)

2 comments:

Kristy said...

CADE MADE OUT LIKE HOTCAKES!!!!
WOOHOO. If I were the tooth fairy I probably would have left him the same thing ;) I'm glad they're not bugging him anymore. I cringe thinking about the pain it must have caused him OUCH!

katd said...

I think the tooth fairy is very cute!! :) I know Lily's tooth fairy is super cute! :)
I'm so glad Cade did so well; the tooth fairy brought great, well-deserved treats!!