Sunday, July 6, 2008

Can you spare a prayer?

My family is in desperate need of prayer. Without going into the entire mess - my father is sitting in jail & currently has no where to live when he gets out. If he gets out. He's been there 24 hours as of Sunday night.

We are sitting dreading the phone to ring & wondering what else could possibly happen next. And all the while our hearts are being ripped to shreds because after all, the man is our father & we love him. But we are unable to help him.

I was pretty upset last night but have calmed down now. My dad is not in good health & that just complicates my worry. However, I did speak with the 'jail' tonight & got some reassuring news - but darn it, my dad's in jail. How do you live/accept/get over that? He's 68 years old. I love him.

I know many of you who are reading my blog prayed for my dad & his situation 1 1/2 years ago. I don't have his situation typed on this new blog. I'm sure you somewhat remember his condition & I ask that you please pray again.

Thank you.

5 comments:

Mommy Brain said...

Praying for you, your dad, and your entire family. Love to you all!

Anonymous said...

Melissa,
It is so hard when it is out of our control and we cannot do anything to make it better. We are both "fix it" type people, and I FEEL your pain from what I went through with my dad. I KNOW the confusion you feel, but also the anger and hurt....and worry.
Please hang in there. Be still and listen to what God has for you in prayer in and His word.
You have such a compassionate heart and I know you want to do everything you can to help. But maybe this time, you will have to sit back and let God work in your dad's life. I ended up having to hand it all over to Him because I couldn't do it anymore. It was eating me up.
Please know I am praying for you, right now, and that I wish you peace and rest.
Love ya
Katie

katd said...

Oh honey. As a long time follower of your blog, I remember your dad and the struggles you've been through. I am devoting myself to prayer for him and for you tonight. I am so sorry for the pain your family is in, and I am sending all my love and support your way.
You're not alone!

Colored With Memories said...

hi melissa!

i'm just catching up on blog reading and was shocked to hear this.

although i don't know the details, i'll be praying for you and this situation...keep us posted!

Angela said...

Oh my goodness!! I didn't get a chance to get caught up on your blog until just now! I just read this!! I'm so glad he's out now, but I know things must still be so hard... I am praying for you and for him tonight!!