Friday, July 25, 2008

Home at last.

We survived. We are tired. We are dirty.

How come you go on vacation to relax from every day life, & then when you get home, you have to relax from vacation? Funny how that works.

We had fun. Lots of photos. I only forgot one little thing. One big, little thing. The video camera! Grr! I even purchased a camera bag that has it's own little compartment for a video camera - took the bag, forgot the camera! At least I had my Canon.

When we left on Monday, Mercedes had no teeth. None. Couldn't even see any or feel a thing. She came home today w/ two teeth. LOL No kidding!

Sarah - would you believe it is 'cooler' in Galveston than here in the DFW area? Yep. It was in the high 80's/low 90's all week. Probably partially because of hurricane Dolly & partially the ocean. When we arrived home today, my car read 106.

The ocean hates my hair. Or my hair hates the ocean. Not sure which. All I know is that I got a lot of "whoa!"s from my husband & one "your hair is alive!" from Bentley. Ha! I have naturally curly hair for those that don't know. It was one wild & crazy mess. Very scary indeed.

Everything at the hotel was great except...we had no hot water. Minor detail. I also learned that I take my washing machine for granted. I couldn't wait to wash clothes - already have a load in. If Mercedes' clothes come clean (due to veggies/fruits mixed with formula = icky reflux) I will be calling Shout myself to congratulate them.

Off to a hot shower! More to come later after we recuperate. Ü

Oh, wait! How could I forget? Now. What are the chances of traveling that far from home & running into a relative? Oh yes we did! I snapped his photo for proof! I really couldn't believe we ran into my brother! My children. How they love their Uncle. Ü


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh yes! The "need a vacation from your vacation"......we felt the same way.
Glad you are back in one piece!
We missed you!
Love the "picture" of your brother....LOLOLOL!

Katie
P.S. Jealous that Caibs has teeth! She is bypassing my little Lily :)

Colored With Memories said...

Welcome back. Bet that hot shower was great. Can't wait to see/hear more!

Mommy Brain said...

106! Wow and I thought I had something to complain about! Glad you guys had a great time...never been to TX so I can't wait to see the pictures. Welcome back! We're off in two weeks for vacation wonderland...can't wait.

Anonymous said...

Glad you are all home in one piece....now let the fun of unpacking begin :)
Rebecca