Sunday, July 20, 2008

I think I'm too tired to go.

Tomorrow a.m. we head out to Galveston for vacation! Yay! Ü

Do you have any idea what it's like to pack for 6 people, one being a 6 month old? Let's see here. In no random order we have -

Food. Lots of food. Tons of snacks.
Capri Sun, water & cokes.
Bottles. Washing all before heading out.
Nipples. Boiled some more new ones.
Pacies.
Bathing suits for all.
Life jackets.
Beach towels. Had to wash so they'd be clean.
Our paper towels.
Our body soap.
Our hand soap.
Clorox wipes.
Wet ones.
Baby food - including cereal, crackers, stage 1, baby juice, puffs.
Burp cloths.
Disposable bibs.
Tossable bowls, sippy cups & baby spoons.
Portable high chair.
Scratch above, add Bumbo Seat. Maybe. If there's room. If not, we'll use carseat.
Toys for 4 children.
1 suitcase of clothes. Had to wash all clothes so they'd be clean. I'm picky. ;o)
3 duffel bags of clothes.
2 beach bags.
Sunscreen.
Toiletries. Had to buy miniatures 'cause they take up less space.
Our toilet paper.
Cailyn's hair products.
6 bottles of formula.
Camera & accessories.
Video camera.
Cell phones & accessories.
Trash bags for dirty clothes.
Baby float.
Ice.
Cooler.
Diapers.
Wipes.
Extra Wal-Mart bags for God knows what.
Pack-n-Play.
Quilted sheet for above. Had to wash so it'd be clean & even went to buy another - they were out. Ugh.
Movies.
Nintendo.
Blow dryer.
Makeup mirror.
Makeup.
Mini fan for noise.
Mini microwave for bottles.
Medicine droppers & medications. Ran out of Caibs medicine - 1st thing we have to do when we get there is get that filled. Oy!
Pillows.
Play blanket for Mercedes.
My hair products including clips & visors.
Hubby's hair products. Oh wait, he has no hair. Ü
Contacts.
All pairs of glasses.
Baby Bjorn.
Little Swimmers.
Visine. Cannot live without Visine.
*Adding dish soap for Katie. I don't have a bottle brush so I think I'll buy one or I'll try using a wash cloth. Thanks Katie! :)

I tend to overpack. LOL Ü

I wonder if there will be room for the passengers?

I also had to board Kosh & pack him. Yes, I pack for the dog. He is part of the family, after all. ;o)

Tomorrow a.m. we need to drop off Kosh (oh he's going to be so mad!), pay the yard man & grab some cash.

We are off! By then someone should need a potty break. LOL :o)

See you next week! Ü

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my.....it was hard enough on our vacation to just pack for us and ONE baby...so I cannot imagine four.

Funny, we packed so many of the exact same things on our list that you did! Are you taking your bottle brush and dish soap to wash more bottles or do you have enough already clean? I tend to wash bottles each night from the entire day. Just curious.
Have so much fun and enjoy your family!
You deserve it!
Katie

Colored With Memories said...

Have fun! Try not to come home more tired than when you left....!!!

Sarah R. (C) said...

Oh man, I feel for you. I had to pack for 5 for a 2 week road trip and like you, I always pack way too much, but we survived.
Just one question.... Why Gavelston in July????? I have been there in July and thought I was going to die.

katd said...

That is a lot of packing. As a chronic over-packer, I hear ya on the list making:) I hope you guys have a great time!
I'm LOVING the new layout, by the way!