Monday, July 14, 2008

Power napper.

Sunday morning.

Husband took the three oldest to church. Thanks to my insomnia & lack of sleep (ok, truth being I'm having a really difficult time just thinking about sticking my baby in the nursery), I stayed home with my Mercedes. Thirty minutes after they left, she fell asleep. I turned on all fans (noise makers) & put her in my bed. I did some laundry, searched the tv for some church programs but couldn't find any (go figure!?) so I watched some According to Jim (from one extreme to the other...heehee) & then realized I could sneak in about a 30 minute nap until everyone arrived home.

I go lay down. Ever so quietly as to not wake up Mercedes. As soon as I closed my eyes, I heard her stirring. I ignored her. Ha! Finally, out of fear of her rolling off the bed (cannot keep this baby in one location anymore - she is everywhere), I opened my eyes to find this. This was staring straight at me about 2 inches from my face.

LOL! She then ever so lovely leaned down, licked my arm & started sucking. Sweeeeeeeeet. Ü

She's up on all 4's now & starting to rock. I wonder when she'll take off & crawl? Too soon probably! She is wild & crazy & so far has managed to spill one full drink of ice water & one diet coke. My glasses are barely hanging in there. As well as my earrings (or should I say ears). :o)

*Power napper. This baby can sleep for 10 minutes & wake up as if she has slept for 3 hours. LOL I mean...grrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Ü

3 comments:

Colored With Memories said...

she's lucky she is so cute when she wakes up from those power naps...otherwise, it would just be plain annoying!

Jill said...

Beautiful...but, so are all of your children:) What a cute little face to wake up to.

~Jess said...

All of your children are absolutely beautiful!