Wednesday, October 8, 2008

She had a rough day.

Mercedes had her 9 month well visit today. As you can see, it tuckered her out.
(Look Katie, shoes! LOL Ü)

My precious baby. She is suffering from severe separation anxiety. Would it be a crime to admit that I love it? Love it. Seeing her break down when someone just looks her way, is sad. But the pout. Oh my, the pout. It's too darn cute. Feeling so loved & admired by someone so tiny (& I use that word loosely heehee) is amazing. She is so adorable.

(Remember the "fact or fiction" dilemma regarding her pigmentation? Fact! It's really visible in the photo above; but reality is, the camera enhances the tone. It's not quite so noticeable in person. The more husband & I discuss this, we're pretty sure the same thing occurred w/ Jaguar. Suffice to say, love has rubbed the first layer off. No worries, it'll return to normal. :)


Ready for her weight? 23 lbs. 12 oz. Ü In her defense, this is with a dry diaper (typically she's naked :) & headband. LOL I'm sure they contributed a little something extra to these numbers. ;o) She is +95% in both categories. Her head, well, her head is actually on the chart. Well, not actually her head. Her head size. At the very top of the top line. Heehee. She's a giant! Ü And such a cute one.

I have to say, all these measurements throw me for a loop. Her weight - ok. It's somewhat consistent with the Endocrin's records & she's gaining consistently. But the length? How can she go from not growing in length, to shooting up out of control? The end of August, she was 27". She grew almost 3" in 5 or 6 weeks? Seems impossible to me. I will say Mercedes was very upset today, wiggling around (more like squirming while opposing the measuring :) & the nurse rushed to get it done. She didn't recheck her measurements. So maybe this number is off 'cause I'm sure thinking it is.

Her 4th tooth on the bottom just broke, & her top right is in the process of breaking. I think the top left is right under the surface so it shouldn't be far behind. As you can see, once we got home she was all better. Ü

That's my happy dimple girl. :)


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wooooooohooooooooo! The girls got some shoes!
LOL!
She is such a cutie......giant! Kidding!
She is not a giant......she's just well fed and loved and happy!
Lily was 28 and 1/4 inches at her 9 month and something like 19 lbs. 4 ounces......so yes, Caibs weighs a bit more than Lil does......
But that's ok!
I love her smile!
Katie

Anonymous said...

I posted and my comment didn't show up. so if it comes up...sorry I posted twice!
LOVE the SHOES Caibs.......I was beginning to get worried....Just kidding!
She looks great and healthy......not a giant Melissa!

Love that smile!
Katie

Anonymous said...

Duh....Now I see that you are approving comments now....so my message is going to show up twice.

I am a dork.
Katie

Mama Lioness said...

hey whatever happened with her earrings??? They look so even in the photo :) Did you sort them out or did they sort themselves out?

Just wondering :P