Wednesday, April 8, 2009

And now he is 8.



I am so disappointed in Bentley's birthday photos (not to mention a nice shot of hubby in the background in the one above...sheesh). I fiddled around with my camera settings because as you know, I don't like a flash. I do believe that has changed. I'm just going to have to let it go & use a flash at nightime in our home. Unless I want this quality of photos. And I don't. I upped the ISO to accomodate no flash/inadequate lighting & the photos are too grainy. Some people like grainy because they think it adds character to certain photos. Not me. :) Nonetheless, I edited them the best I could & I admit, they're still cute. Or should I say, he's still cute.

Finally, below, his true smile. Which I don't see often because typically he is giving me some crazy face smile & I don't like it. It's just not him. His smile is beautiful, with all his mismatched teeth & all - it's just really tricky to get him to loosen up & smile naturally. And look at the camera. He doesn't like to do that either. ☺



He is such an advanced reader - I bought him some books in the 9 - 12 year age group. He read one of them in one day. LOL I have no idea what to do with him & his books!





Not looking at the camera - see, I tell no lies. ☺



He got 3 Nintendo DS games. One from us & two from my mother-in-law. The two below are from her & I have no idea if they are decent or age appropriate games.



Bents got his report card the other day & again, he made straight A's as he has all year. Two 95's, one 97, & one 100. We are now in the last 9 weeks of the school year (Yay!). I challenged him & told him if he brought those grades up (not the 100, of course) that I would hand him $20. ☺ I don't expect his grades to come, as I'm very content with with his grades, obviously. I just thought I'd give him something to strive for. If he comes home with grades lower than the above, I'll take a $20 out of his savings. Bahahaha! Just kidding! ☺



I am so proud of this boy. He is more than I ever could have dreamed of. He is amazing & so stinkin' smart. He has a huge heart & is so loving, caring & giving. When I think about him -I smile. He's just a wonderful boy.

I hate that he is growing so fast. I say that, but on the other hand, I can't wait to see where God takes this child. I'm curious. And I'm excited, thrilled & blessed to be a part of his journey. ☺
Happy Birthday Bentley! Mom loves you more than you will ever know! ♥

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Wow.. 8 years old. Happy Birthday Cade!!