Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter.

We had a great Easter, & I hope you all did too! Well, ours didn't start out great because two little boys were up @ 6:00 a.m. searching for the Easter baskets. New rule - no baskets will be handed out until Easter evening. :) Anyway, because of their shenanigans, we got a little off schedule & had to kick it into high gear to make it to chuch. Photos had to wait.

I do believe we have found a new church home! We left our previous church, over one year ago - we took Mercedes when she was 2 weeks old & heard some inappropriate comments (you might remember that) about us adopting another child. With somewhat hurt feelings, I told hubby it was time to move on, after 7 years. We had left a few times before (briefly), but ultimately returned. Since that time, I hadn't returned to church because we soon discovered Mercedes' thyroid issue, as well as her severe reflux. Hubby & the boys (& Jaguar, periodically) have been visiting a few churches during the lull.

I decided that today was the day for both Mercedes & myself to return. What better day to choose than the day Christ rose? Perfect. I was skeptical leaving Mercedes in the nursery; I prepared the attendants that she may not go for it, blah, blah, blah. I set her down & she never looked back. I stood there stunned. She made it 30 minutes before she realized her siblings weren't in there with her, nor were mom or dad. They came & got me when she began to get upset & she was headed to distress. The two of us then finished the service in the ladies lounge where they have couches & a monitor. ☺

We also happened to run into about five other couples we know from our previous church! That was a sweet surprise. They have all joined the church that we are contemplating joining. In Audi's room, he stated there was some 'hitting' transpiring with the attendants not really paying attention or addressing the issue - we will talk to the attendants next week & see how it goes. If all goes well, then it's probably a go we will transfer our letter.

It's all about the shoes:







Mercedes cracking up at her daddy:



And my favorite - without the munchkin that will not sit still:



This afternoon, after naps, we got everyone dressed again for some photos. I noticed that Jaguar had on some bloomers that matched her dress. Um. I dressed her this a.m. & there were no matching bloomers. Well, isn't that interesting! Come to find out, the bloomers had been attached to the inside of her dress - I didn't know it - & she wore her dress like that, to church! Holy pickles. I noticed when I put her dress on this a.m., one of the sleeves was crooked. I yanked on it tad & it fell into place. Now I know why that sleeve needed a yank - it had some bloomers attached! LOL

****************************************

This week is a busy week. I'm not particularly fond of busy weeks. Monday we go out to lunch w/ my mom. Tuesday is free (more like, cleaning). Wednesday Mercedes has her 15 month well check up. I will be discussing her 'size' - as I am now quite concerned with how big she is. Now that she is walking & running, she is not slimming any. The dress & sweater she wore today are both a 2T. Granted, they are a little big on her, but not much. I'm guessing she weighs at least 35 lbs. (& to put it into perspective, if you recall, Jaguar didn't even weigh 20 lbs. until she was 18 months old - I know I reference back to that often - but it's all I have to compare Mercedes to). She is so heavy, hubby & I both have a difficult time holding her. Should be an interesting visit with the pediatrician. Thursday, Audi gets his cast off. Yay! Friday I think is clear. We'll need it.

Have a great week!


(All photos taken inside (boo! It was raining outside but the sun appeared later in the afternoon), manual, no flash.)

1 comment:

Carrie Hayes said...

Love the photos, your kiddos are so cute!!