Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Ugly vase/pitcher no more.

From tea brown:

To white!


Now let me tell you, this little task proved quite the fiasco. ;o)

I'm new to spray painting & an item such as this probably wasn't the best choice to practice on due to odd dimensions/circumference. Good glory! It started out fine, then in one of the narrow spaces at the top, the paint got too thick & slightly ran. At that point I stopped & debated. Ü I thought about stripping it & starting over. Then I thought 'oh what the heck' & continued to spray, hoping that run would smooth out. And it did, somewhat. Needless to say, I got on a roll & just used the whole dadgum can of spray paint. That's probably why my glossy paint ain't so glossy. And the run is a tad noticeable, but I just turn that side to the wall. I ain't no dummy. Ü

I'm not a quiter! More DIY paint adventures to come. Contain your excitement. Woot!

1 comment:

Ms. Oomph said...

"Good enough" is just fine to me! Spray painting seemingly non-spray-paintable things is one of my fave activities. Go YOU!