Sunday, July 22, 2012

How I clean my oven without chemicals!

Disclaimer 1: The only reason my oven is in this condition is because of Pinterest. I read on Pinterest that one can cook bacon in their oven. It's true! And it works! And it takes a really long time! And then your oven looks like this!

Disclaimer 2: I absolutely did NOT use my oven's self-clean. Which I have always done in the past. This time? On this nasty bacon grease? No. I used Shaklee Basic H Degreaser & Scour Off. And me.

Disclaimer 3: Our house was built in 1991. My oven(s) (I have two) is the original. My oven is 21 years old.

Before:





(On the door below, you can see where I first tested Scour Off to see how good of a job it would do. This is when I first ordered my Shaklee products & I didn't know then what I know now!)



First, I sprayed it with Shaklee's Basic H Degreaser & walked away. I went & did some other things & just let it sit. I then came back & wiped it off with my cleaning rag. I then grabbed my scouring sponge, Scour Off & got busy!



After:

Tada!











Disclaimer 4: See the spots? I kept scrubbing & scrubbing & scrubbing & those spots would NOT come off! Grr! It was at that time, my husband came over & informed me that those 'spots' are actually chips in the finish. Yes, due to being 21 years old, the finish has some chips. I didn't have my glasses on, so they looked like grease spots to me! I won't tell you how much time I spent trying to get those dadgum 'spots' off! Ha! He then informed me the only way I could get my oven any cleaner was to (& I quote) "sandblast" it. At that time, I wiped out the oven & called it a day.

Results? Beautiful. And clean. Just how I like it.

I will never again use my oven's self-clean. No more 2 hour minimum running time & no more disgusting, prolonging odor. Ew! Not to mention, the dangerous high temperature it always heated up to in order to self-clean. That always concerned me!

Think you need chemicals to thoroughly clean your home? Think again! Visit my Shaklee site here!

2 comments:

Kriss said...

Wow Melissa that looks so much better!

Alex said...

Amazing! I love Scour Off so much, it works on everything!