Thursday, February 28, 2008

2 things.

I lied. It's 4 things. lol :)

1.) According to Bentley, the most important first. He has a "program" Monday evening & is suppose to dress up like a plant. Now call me stupid - but I really have no idea how to accomplish this. The only thing I could think of was spray paint him green. :) We've already discussed how uncreative I am so I'm hoping you girls could & will shed a little light for me & offer some suggestions. Let me add, I don't want to spend money (or barely any money) on this. I don't do green & I'm pretty sure Bentley won't need to be a plant again anytime in the near future. :)

2.) This thought just crossed my mind last night. I'm thinking of making my blog private. I can do this 2 ways - a.) I can password it & you'll have to have my password to view it (which is really easy...you let me know you still want to read my blog & I'll give you the password) or b.) I can change the name. Blogger makes it super easy to change the name & I could do it lickety-split (again, I'd email you the new address but you'd have to promise not to give it to anyone or I'd have to kill ya :) or c.) I could just leave well enough alone.

3.) I am in search of new blogs to read. This is my favorite pasttime now. I am a little picky though & I enjoy blogs that have photos & are updated regularly. Not necessarily daily, but regularly. I like good, interesting topics. I love inspiring blogs (like Tara's). Adoption, children, funny/happy blogs. Any suggestions?

4.) I can't believe I'm going to say this - but I'm thinking of giving digital scrapbooking a shot. My Sunday School teacher has been at me to try this for a few years now. I always say no & wrinkle my nose at her. :) But since it is fast (from what I hear) & can be done via the computer & not 7 hours spread out with junk all around me, I think I'm ready to try. Like one. Baby steps you know. :) Michelle is a pro at digital scrapbooking & her pages are beautiful. Recently I have seen some that are done though & they are awful! They are so overloaded/cluttered with "crap" that you completely lose focus of the beautiful photo. So I have learned one thing already. Simple. There's that word again! :)

Ok, for now I go. Thanks for your help! :)

**Christine, that is brilliant! Thanks! Would you believe me if I told you I currently have 25 silk plant arrangements in my garage awaiting my garage sale? Voila! And of course if my blog goes private you will know about it. I wuv you. :)

**Haha April - all is well. :) No one has ever left a nasty comment on my blog. I'm sure many have thought about it though. lol :) Thanks for the blogs! I can't wait to check them out. :)

**Elizabeth, I accidentally deleted your email. Could you send me your email address again, please?? Sorry. :(

8 comments:

Mommy Brain said...

My idea would be to go to Michael's and buy the clearance silk plants/flowers or do you have old silks that you could rip apart?? Hot glue them on a old sweatshirt or T-shirt. He would have a blast wearing that I think?? Let Cade add the finishing touches with fabric paint or glitter glue...

If you do make your blog private, would you consider adding me to your list of readers. I enjoy hearing about what's going on down there in TX and would miss you if you moved away with no forwarding address!

Now I need to go update my blog!
= )

April said...

I would hope you would let me keep reading too. :)!

Are things okay with those that currently read your blog, I would hope no one is leaving nasty comments!

Fun sites to read:
http://mom2my6pack.blogspot.com/
http://cfhusband.blogspot.com/
http://donnadowney.typepad.com/simply_me/
http://blogs1.marthastewart.com/martha/
http://pinkinkstudios.com/blog/
http://toniephoto.blogspot.com/
http://www.myccm.org/triciagoyer/blog
http://kelliesoper.blogspot.com/

There are a few of the many places I travel online ;)!

Kathy Finch said...

if you went private I would miss reading your updates. I do not know you but I am a Blog junkie too -- just check out my blog kathyfinch.blogspot.com

threadbiz01 said...

I hope that I could be allowed to continue to read also. I do not have my own blog (only b/c there is really not enouph to share about from my end, we are boring empty nesters...lol) but I do enjoy reading other blogs, especially those about adoption and whom have adopted.
I like mommybrains idea...Cade will have fun with it:)

Sarah R. (C) said...

Can't you keep your blog name and go to setting to make it private? My friend did this with her already existing blog and all I have to do is enter my email address and my password to get to it. She sent out invites to everyones email and said we were invited to be readers of the blog. I think you just have to have all out emails registered.
Good luck with the plant costume.

Sarah R. (C) said...

I meant all our emails not all out emails.

Lisa said...

Just found your blog. Your daughter is beautiful! We are anxiously awaiting "the call" for our precious wee one. We have adopted 3 special needs children from Korea and have 2 bio sons that light up our world. Feel free to check us out at www.mountaintopmemories.blogspot.com
Lisa :)

GirlSpeaks said...

New blogs? Well you can read mine :) I'm a birthmom who placed in an open adoption... Now I'm due in July and can't wait to be a mommy myself!