Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Her results are in - update.

Well, the pediatrician phoned while ago with Mercedes' results. Her thyroid level is still elevated. Evidently there are two numbers - T43 & TSH. The T43 is normal, the TSH is elevated. And in my opinion, the number is way high. This could still be a false positive; however, since this is test #3 & all 3 show elevation, a false positive is not likely.

Tomorrow a.m. I will be making an appointment with an Endocrinologist. I'm not really nervous, but at the same time there is one thing that makes me a tad on edge...our pediatrician "isn't talking". I have a very close relationship with all doctors & nurses at our pediatrician office & for them to kind of tight lip it does make me wonder.

I know nothing about this elevated thyroid other than it is treatable. I cannot google this right now & when I do research it, I want to be able to read & devote my full attention to this condition.

Does anyone know anything about this that you can share? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

**What I have read so far has now scared the crud out of me. Now I know why the pediatrician's office would not say much. Please, please, please pray for our Mercedes. Pray, pray, pray that it is still soon enough to begin treatment & that treatment will be successful. The fact that she is already 5 weeks old worries me. I think she may have already needed treatment by now. My poor girl - her journey has been such a difficult one. I do know though that God is bigger than this.

**Mercedes' appointment is Friday a.m. We got the lab work faxed to the hospital & a dr. was "pulled" to review. Because he (dr.) did not say for us to bring her in immediately - I'm going to take that as good news. Evidently this dr. is on call tomorrow & typically does not work Fridays, but he does want to see Mercedes before any more time passes. I need a little relief so I'm going to try to not worry between now & then. Surely if he thought she was a dire emergency, they would have had us come to the hospital today or at least tomorrow. I could be way off base - but that's what I'm going with. Thanks for the prayers & keep 'em coming. Our Mercedes needs them! Now I'm going to go collapse into bed for 30 minutes before I have to get going again. :)

6 comments:

amanda said...

First of all...breathe!
Melissa, I know you're scared...we mommies can't help ourselves sometimes. God knows little Caibry better than any doctor or lab test could...praying that HE will reveal what is going on and guide your steps in whatever is necessary for correcting the problem that is there. Just keep loving that little girl...she is such a little gift!!!

katd said...

I will pray without ceasing for sweet Caibry. You are not alone in this, and remember that nothing is even known yet. Amanda is right; she is a little gift and a little miracle. And God knows every hair on her head. Sending prayers and hugs and thoughts of peace your way. Please keep us posted! :)

Minnie said...

I'll be praying for Caibry, and your peace of mind.

Michelle said...

Praying for Miss Caibry & praying for you, too. Keep us posted.

Mommy Brain said...

I want to echo Amanda and Katd...breathe. One thing I've learned from being married to a Dr is if you want to get the crud scared out of you go on the internet. It's a wild west of unverified information...will be praying for your family this week. Friday come soon!

Anonymous said...

Prayers are going up for precious Caibry...keep updating.
Lynn