Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Are we having fun yet? - update.

NO!

I am still sicker than a dog, husband now has the flu, Bentley is upstairs trying to throw up, Audi & Jaguar are now looking as if they are getting sick. UGH!

Mercedes seems ok but is 1/2 naked, as she has hardly any clothes & what she does have, I'm having a difficult time keeping clean. And I can't get shopping because everyone is too sick! When Jaguar was one, I gave away ALL of her newborn clothes/necessities to a family adopting a baby girl who ran into financial difficulties. So here Mercedes is with no clothes!

Alright - enough complaining, I'm off to get Sprite! :(

Ok, let's see here. I'm s.l.o.w.l.y. improving. But boy is it slow. I'm coughing so bad that when I am able to get some sleep, I can't sleep. It is sooooooooooo frustrating. Hubby is fairing well. Bentley is in bed with a very high fever. Audi is in bed with a medium grade fever. Jaguar seems to be getting a cold. Mercedes is naked but ok. Haha! :)

Thanks for the comments. :) eBay is a great idea, I have seen some of the cute outfits on there! It's just so maddening that Mercedes doesn't have enough clothing - I'm angry with myself for giving away hundreds of dollars worth of little girl newborn stuff (but then again, I can't be too angry because my friends really needed help) & since we didn't know Miss Mercedes was arriving, I wasn't able to get any items in advance. That is frustrating especially since now I can't get to any stores. It will all be ok though. :)

Finding the time to eBay will be difficult - admist all of this chaos, my old blog expires in 12 days & I have nothing transferred. I have a new printer, but we're having a difficult time getting it to work. Hubby has installed it 2 times & still there are problems. I was hoping to print out my blog as to not lose 200 posts & photos! I'm getting nervous about that. I don't want to lose any of our "history". :)

Mercedes also has become quite the screamer if she's not being held. It's such a soothing harmony (not!) while running around crazy trying to keep everyone quarantined in their own rooms. :) It's actually the sweetest thing I've ever seen - you can grab her in any position & tote her around - she'll go with you happy as a lark just as long as she is in your arms. She's so content being held. It's just adorable. :) That said, she despises her bassinet which I insist in making her sleep in since I am a devoted "head rotator" person - so most of the time we are battling each other. Occasionally I do let her sleep in the bouncey & there is peace... :)

I know the worst is almost over so if we can just hang in there. And while we're hanging in there - I need to remind myself to refrain from attending church in the winter months! When will I learn? That is where all this mess started. But that's another post, huh Kristy? :)

8 comments:

Deanna said...

If you were not feeling so bad...now would be the time to shop e-bay....besides its much easier than running out with kids in tow :) I gave away most of my clothes when we had our painful adoption failure. SO I had to buy again but also had some given to us as well. Here is hoping you feel better SOON!!!

katd said...

You guys are having a tough time of it! I am so sorry everyone is feeling bad. Ebay is a great idea - then the clothes can be shipped to you and you won't have to go out. There are tons of brand new things on there, too.
Sending healing thoughts:)

Anonymous said...

I am shutting my mouth and quitting my complaining! I feel so bad for you and your family all being sick. I know you are pulling your hair out!
What do you need? Do you need me to send you some baby clothes? Oh my goodness.....poor little half naked Caibry..... :)

Katie

Elizabeth said...

We bought a lot of stuff from Ebay when we brought Olivia home, and then people gave us hand-me-downs, and now we have bags of 0-3 month clothes that she's already grown out of! I wish you were just next door so I could drop all those clothes off...they are just right for the cold weather, and she had so many that she never got to wear some of them. Hope that you get some relief from the flu bug soon. Prayers for your family and that the baby doesn't catch the bug!

Mommy Brain said...

I just love winter cold and flu season!!! Bring on Spring!!!!

Ebay is a great way to heal a cold too...it always makes me feel better.

Anonymous said...

Melissa..I can so understand the "screamer" baby!
Our little Lily is pretty much the same way....I am trying to "wean" her away from being held all the time....but you are right...it is so cute...just difficult to lug her around and do things one handed!

Hope you are feeling better!

Kristy said...

Yep,that's right Melissa :)

Get some rest,then go shopping leaving kids at home with hubby :)
The shopping spree will put you in an oh so happy mood. I do it all the time(soooo kidding at me shopping). I sure hope you get to feeling better,I know you just want to crawl into bed and sleep for 2 weeks. Praying for your family!

Ps. Olivia loved her carseat. We didn't need a swing,bouncy seat..nothing. Loved her carseat. She even slept in it at night for her first few months ::Gasp:: I folded a blanket and layed it in there so it wasn't so hard.
She hated laying down. Whatever works to keep the mamma sane!

April said...

Maybe you can swtich your Typepad account to monthly and pay for one more month to give yourself a little more time at least then it wouldn't be quite as much money blown to it. You have so much going on you must just be drowning!