Friday, February 1, 2008

On my to do list.

"In celebration… I decided to create this very functional and FUN centerpiece for the island in my kitchen. I saw something similar to this in the Rachael Ray magazine this month… I don’t normally look at this mag as cooking isn’t my thing (see last post!!) but my mom was in town and she loves it. this was something that they showed for a dinner party w/ kids… that you could line the table w/ butcher paper and let them color during dinner etc. well, I decided that it would be the perfect cure for boredom for my kids. They love to sit and draw, write and color. Nothing is more inspiring than a whole bunch of art supplies and a stack of white paper! I bought this serving tray at target, along w/ the plastic cups, new markers, pencils and crayons… and well, I had to buy the gobstoppers cause they looked so cute with the dots on the tray. I think it’s important that the kids practice math, journaling, spelling… that kind of thing. I am trying to come up with a ‘routine’ that even I can stick with that will include some constructive activities… But when all else fails… quincy quiet for ½ hour coloring is golden! Easy enough.I am loving the bright colors! Just had to share…"

I saw this on Heidi Swapp's blog last year & I meant to do this little "art center" task then, but forgot. So now, since I have nothing to do but sit at the computer, I copied the photo & post from her blog to remind me to do it. Isn't this the cutest thing you've ever seen? And what a great idea for my children! I am not good about letting my children explore & create with paper, crayons & the like so hopefully this will change that. Too cute! :)

2 comments:

Kristy said...

OHHHHHHH I LOVE IT!! I'm feeling so inspired :)

Mommy Brain said...

Wow! I was thinking, here she is with a newborn baby keeping her up half the night, three other little ones running around and she has time to buy all those wonderful supplies and arrange them so beautifully! I think it's a wonderful idea but I'd be remiss if I didn't tell you that I was relieved to find out you hadn't actually made that arrangement. (That's the part of me that constantly compares myself to others in order to validate myself...sick I know!) Hope you do get to make that some day and if you do...invite me over, I love to color!