Wednesday, April 2, 2008

12 1/2 weeks.





I got it! Her pout is precious! This is not a good 'capture' - I'll try to get a better one. :)


This baby is something else. She has had amazing head control from day one. We rarely supported her head - maybe for the first 2 weeks, if that. We received tons of comments regarding her head control (many before she was 2 weeks old, the pediatrican noticed right away & even the Endocrin commented again today). For the past several weeks, all she wants to do is sit up. Big girl. So I bought her a Bumbo chair! Oh my it is so adorable & she loves it! Here she is watching Dancing with the Stars. LOL! That's MY girl! :)

I took these (below) tonight at dinner. We sit her on the table with us. So cute! :) I have given up on dressing her. Her reflux is completely out of control (so out of control that I will be returning most of the clothes I just bought her & I'll purchase the next size up...hopefully the reflux will be calming down by then). Hubby & I have determined her reflux is actually worse than Audi's was. And he had it b.a.d. so that gives you some idea of her issue. This is now how you will find her (unless going out, of course). Onesie, bib, burp cloth. She is a hugger of her burp cloths which melts my heart. She loves them. She cuddles them. So she is never without one. :)


Here she is looking admiringly at daddy. :)



"This daddy guy - he's so funny! I just love him." :)


I am still very exhausted. Go figure! We still have so much to do here on the homefront -we yet again switched the children's bedrooms (I'm surprised hubby hasn't divorced me yet :) & so we are diligently trying to get those together. My darling Mercedes sleeps NONE during the day. Maybe, maybe two 30 minute naps. She is so tired it's unreal. She rubs her eyes & will do anything to keep from falling asleep. She actually had little bags under her eyes the other day.

Audi for the first-time-ever-in-life is my most difficult child - he now rooms with Bentley & he creates more turmoil than peace. Not fun. So he now sleeps on our bedroom floor which means...yes...he doesn't sleep & results in difficult days. We have no choice at this point but to have him sleep in our room because Bentley has insomnia which we are finally make leeway on! Yay! I cannot let Audi interfere with his progress.

With Miss Mercedes spitting up so incredibly much - I am on my toes to catch it & it's a challenge to keep her, her clothes & her face dry (as well as myself). Tonight alone we went thru 6 bibs in 20 minutes. I know. Awful. I am washing clothes non-stop. That said, she had another Endocrin appointment today & weighs 13 lbs. 2 oz. She's doing super! It's amazing how babies still gain adequate weight while spitting so much up. Her lab work should be back in a day or so & I'm praying with her reflux she is indeed keeping down her thyroid medication. So we'll see.

Now I'm off to do - well - I'm sure I'll find something! :)

6 comments:

katd said...

I.WANT.TO.SQUEEZE.HER!!!! Oh my gosh, she reminds me so much of Lily at that age! Similar noses and big cheeks and total gorgeousness:) Man, you have a good looking family!
And how in the world have we not yet discussed this season of Dancing with the Stars? Who are you rooting for? I'm really just not sure yet, but it makes me so happy that it's back!!! :) XOXO to you and the babes:)

threadbiz01 said...

I WANT HER!!!! She is waaaayyy cute!! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness.....those pictures are so cute. I laughed out loud looking at her like such a big girl in her Bumbo seat...

What a doll.
Katie

Mommy Brain said...

She is amazing!! So cute!

My Jed was a world class puker...I gave up on burp rags and started using dish and bath towels...they were more absorbent, bigger and more accessible.

She is so beautiful! I could stare at her all day!

Anonymous said...

Melissa, She is absolutely adorable! I could just squeeze her...puke or no puke! I have wanted to comment on several occasions that I think she looks like Katd's daughter, Lily's photos too! It is so wild that she just said the same thing! I think a lot of it is Lily's mouth and eyes when she was that age. Both of these baby girls are just beautiful!

I sure wish you lived closer to me! I would hire you to come take pictures of my girls. I have just got to find out all the info on your awesome camera!

Laurie

Michelle said...

Soooooo cute!!!! Love the pout.