Friday, April 4, 2008

Kidbits.

Bentley has been practicing his list of words for a Spelling Bee. Tough words for a 1st grader, I might add. :) Husband retrieved him early from school today as he has a rash & is headed to the dr. Anyway, Bents comes right in & says this:

Bentley: Mom, everyone had to take the written test. If you got all words correct, numbers 1-20, then 21 on are bonus words. I spelled this & this & this (pointing to words on the list) wrong on purpose.

Me: Why?

Bents: 'Cause I didn't want to enter the Spelling Bee.

LOL! Smart boy!

Alrighty then!

Bittersweet birthday on Sunday - my 'baby' turns 7.

**Holy cow - Bentley has Fifth's Disease!

I figured it was a virus. It is. I knew the rash was under his skin, not on it. It is. I knew it looked as if someone hit him in the face yesterday! That is exactly how the ped. described it. That's how it starts. I'm so stinkin' smart. :)

Now everyone's probably going to get it & it can last for 2 weeks. DANG public school!!!!! :(

2 comments:

katd said...

Poor Cade!! Is the rash painful for him or just irritating? I hope you guys avoid it!
7 years old tomorrow - my goodness, are you just in shock? They grow up far, far too fast:)

Kathy said...

I remember that feeling. But after 4 kids - when my youngest started Kindergarden I took my self out to lunch to celebrate. everyone was like "Aren't you sad" - HECK NO! I was PTA President at the time and so busy that I totally enjoyed some "ME" time.

Savor this feeling you might become so blind to it in years to come.

Kathy